July 4th is literally right around the corner; between planning a fun BBQ bash, selecting the perfect RW&B outfit, and Pinteresting cute dessert ideas, we must make some time for our nails!
If you’re like me, you like to acknowledge the holidays on your fingertips- sometimes I go all out, and sometimes I opt for something a little more subtle!
A lot of people have been posting their 4th of July manicures on their blogs, Facebooks and Twitter pages lately, and of course I’ve scoured them all. While I enjoy looking at everyones creations, and wish I could post them all, I have selected the very BEST of the BEST to share with you for some inspiration.
Take a look:
My Gelish mani is going 5 days strong, and I hate to have to remove it early, but all of this inspiration has me itching to create a fun 4th manicure! Maybe I’ll see if someone will let me borrow their finger nails to design a little something 😉
I want to see your 4th of July manicures! Tweet them to me @_AmandaBella 🙂
I am very excited about this post, and if you are a Gelish fanatic like me, you will be to! I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to connect with the lovely Irene Chao, a seasoned beauty industry expert working in the PR department at Hand & Nail Harmony (ahh-such a dream job)! She was truly the sweetest woman; so friendly, and excited to talk with me. I asked if she’d be interested in answering some questions for my blog and she was more than willing to participate. Check out the brief interview below!
1) Can you give us a brief introduction about who you are, how long you’ve been working at Gelish, and a little bit about your job?
My name is Irene and I’ve been at Gelish for a little over a month now, but my background is in the beauty industry. I previously spent 6 years working in the PR department at another beauty manufacturer in southern California.
2) I know why I love Gelish products, but what do you think sets the line apart from competing gel polish brands (ex: Shellac, OPI Axxium, etc.)?
A lot of people might not know this, but Gelish is the first brush-in bottle gel polish ever invented! The US and International patent-pending formulation proves that fact. Gelish offers up many unique colors including glitters and neons. We currently have 106 Gelish colors in total! This is the most offered by any gel-polish company out there.
3) What is the most popular Gelish product? What is the most popular Gelish color?
Some of our most popular colors include Gelish Sheek White, which is great on its own; but it’s also perfect for nail art .
Gelish Good Gossip is also very popular, because really…who can say no to glittery-red gel polish?
Gelish Gossip Girl is a fun, bright pink that is also very popular. The most popular Gelish product is actually Gelish NOURISH, which is a cuticle oil that rehydrates and restores essential oils in cuticles and skin surrounding the nail. It smells amazing and works like a charm!
4) Is Gelish going to be releasing any new polishes in the near future? Maybe a Fall collection? If so, what can we expect?
Yes…There will be a new collection for Fall, so be on the lookout for that! There will be 8, brand new fall-inspired colors that will compliment any wardrobe!
5) I work in PR, and it would be my dream to work for a major nail polish company one day. What is it like working for Gelish? Do you enjoy daily, desk-side manicures? 😉
Unfortunately there’s not much time for desk-side manicures, but I’m so grateful for the opportunity to work for such an amazing company. The people here are wonderful and I truly believe in the product. It doesn’t get any better than this!
I learned so much about Gelish from Irene! I didn’t realize that they were the first brush-in-bottle polish, or that they even sold a cuticle oil (you all know how much I love my cuticle oil); Irene offered to send me a bottle and I honestly cannot wait to try it! I’m also dying to see this Fall collection!
It must be so fun working with nail polish behind the scenes-what an amazing job! Sending major thanks to Irene for talking with me- it was a pleasure!
Have you tried any of the Gelish polishes or products? Let me know your favorites! 🙂
So my birthday is on Monday, and I’m going to be 24 years old! I can’t even believe it…time flies. I know that I may be a little too old to make a birthday wish-list, but hey- why not. It’s always fun to compile an assortment of things that you’d like to have (remember my want-list?) just so you have goals, and something to look forward to in general 🙂
Here is my most recent want-list…birthday edition!
From left to right:
1) I am dying for a nice camera- ever since I started blogging, (and religiously reading other blogs) I’ve been itching to up my photo game. I love the Cannon EOS Rebel t3i digital camera, and I believe it shoots video too…which would be amazing!
2) I love the Dogeared Karma necklace- I believe in treating everyone kindly, and fair because at the end of the day what goes around, come right back around- and that’s the truth! It’s a nice reminder…and I’ve been dying for a necklace just like that for years 🙂
3) I’m always looking to expand my Gelish collection!
4) I would love a cute pair of lady loafers or Sperrys in a cute color…maybe red!
5) Calvin Klein Euphoria perfume- I’ve been obsessed with this scent since I sampled it in Cosmopolitan a couple of months ago.
6) I’ve been so in love with the peachy/pink Maryanne Kate Spade quilted tote, but the gold one is my new favorite!
7) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer
8) Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
My friends and family always get me the sweetest, most amazing gifts without even asking- they are the most thoughtful bunch, and I am a very lucky girl!
I’m really looking forward to spending some time with my best girlfriends, my boyfriend, and my family this weekend- that’s the best way to celebrate a birthday!
I’m so sorry that I’ve been pretty MIA lately, but I’ve been super busy. Not to worry, I have some very exciting, news and posts coming in the very near future! Please be patient with me & stay tuned 🙂
Today was a completely miserable, rainy day in CT, so I thought that a little color would brighten it up!
Does anyone else constantly take pictures of their manicures? This is just a sampling- I have hundreds of shots! I think I should make an official manicure portfolio (people really do that!!) 😉
The mani I’m currently wearing is in this bunch! If you tweet/instagram with me, you’ll know which one it is 😉