I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be my year- I’ve been making resolutions left and right! Let it be known that I have never made a New Years resolution before in my life- so this is new to me. The reason you are reading this is because one of my resolutions was to begin blogging! I have blogged in the past, but have never stuck it out for very long. This year I hope to keep a sustainable blog… so here we have my (in actuality 6th or 7th) very first post!
I wanted to share the rest of my resolutions as well. I figured this would be a good place to document them!
1) Stop cursing. You know the Dashboard lyrics “You smile like a saint, but you curse like a sailor”…? I have to plead guilty to this, no one believes that I have a foul mouth, but I do; and the funny thing is I cannot stand cursing! I never did it until I got to college and it has become a nasty habit of mine. Noting is more unattractive than a girl with a foul mouth.
2) Exercise regularly (I’m sure this is on everyone’s list…) The gym and I have never been great friends, but I do like the way I feel when my body has been active. I’m not planning on turning into a gym rat this year; I just plan on moving my body more. I love hiking, walking, TV workouts on demand…anything that doesn’t initially suggest exercise.
3) Eat healthier (…I’m sure this is on your list too lol…) This is the resolution that never ends. I’m not going to diet, because I don’t have the will power, nor am I trying to lose weight. I just want to cut out the junk that I tend to eat regularly. Making healthier choices when it comes to food is something I need to consider more frequently.
4) Stop spending so much money and start saving more. While I don’t spend a ridiculous amount of money, I could spend less. The little things add up quicker than you’d think! I’m going to be making a conscious effort to cut back on frivolous spending.
5) Make an effort to spend more time with my friends. This one is really important to me. My best friends don’t live down the street anymore, and we rarely see one another. I want to begin having monthly dinners or outings with them! Those relationships are important to me, and distance is a poor excuse for not making the effort!
6) Spend more time reading. I love reading but am such a slacker! I think I’ll shoot to replace an hour of TV per night with some reading time. That’s realistic, no?
7) No more soda. When I was in college I stopped drinking soda my freshman and sophomore year, out of nowhere I had completely lost the taste for it. Unfortunately, I re-developed a nasty addiction to Diet Coke and have been weening (is that how you spell it?) off of it the past few weeks.
8) Eat out less, and cook more. I love to cook, and I tend to go through cooking sprees. This year I want to make those sprees more of a consistent thing. Buying lunch everyday adds up quick! And going out for dinner so frequently isn’t even much fun.
What are some of your resolutions? I really love hearing everyone’s plan for the New Year. I don’t think you could ever have too many! 😉