I was all gung-ho on my healthy eating spree in May/June, but have been slacking the past few weeks (mozzarella sticks for dinner 3 night in a row anyone?!)
No more fried cheese…it’s time to get back on track! I looked up some new, healthy recipes for lunch & dinner, made my shopping list, hit up the grocery store, and filled my cart with all the colors of the rainbow!
I found a great recipe for spinach lasagna rolls, and decided to make them for dinner tonight. This may very well become one of my go-to dinners! Check out the recipe below 🙂
Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1 roll
Calories: 224.9 • Fat: 5.1 g • Fiber: 3.4 g • Protein: 13.0 g • Carbs: 31.5
9 lasagna noodles, cooked
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and fresh pepper
32 oz. tomato sauce
9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1) Boil lasagna noodles according to package (I cut this recipe down to make 4 rolls)
2) Chop & thaw spinach
3) Combine spinach, ricotta, egg, and parmesan in mixing bowl
4) Lay noodles out on wax paper or aluminum foil and dry completely
5) Add spinach mixture to each noodle
5) Cover the bottom of a baking dish with sauce, roll each noodle and place (fastened side down) into dish
6) Top each roll with sauce and shredded mozzarella
7) Cover dish with foil and bake at 350* for about 40 minutes
8) Let cool, plate, and enjoy!
Yum! This was such an easy and tasty dinner. Do you have a quick & healthy go-to dinner recipe? I’d love to hear it!