Today, I’m bringing you a post that is a little different!
I usually wear gold jewelry, but while putting together some outfits over the weekend, I realized that for a couple of looks, silver accessories would be best. After pulling out a few of my favorite pieces, I noticed they were looking pretty rough. I didn’t have any of my favorite jewelry cleaner on hand, so being the DIY enthusiast that I am, I figured I’d try to make my own. The results…impressive!
I was so pleased by how simple + effective this method actually was!
Here’s an easy step-by-step tutorial so that you can clean your silver jewelry at home too 🙂 …
- Gather ingredients:
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbs. baking soda
- 1 tbs. salt
- pan or bowl covered in foil [shiny side up]
2. Place jewelry into dish
3. Mix baking soda + salt with boiling water and pour over jewelry
4. Slowly add the vinegar!
5. Watch it work its magic. 🙂 Make sure that the jewelry is evenly distributed, laying flat, and touching the foil! Wait about 5-10 minutes.
6. Rinse with water, dry each piece well, and you’re done!
Really simple, quick, and cost effective! I can’t wait to clean all of my other silver pieces!
PS: If you’re not into the DIY life…this is one of my favorite jewelry cleaners you can try!
Have you tried this DIY silver cleaner before? Did you do anything differently?
*WARNING: This cleaner is not meant for gold, precious stones, or pearls.