It’s no secret that this generation has a serious obsession with eyebrows…as they should! Eyebrows frame your face. With a little maintenance and a fabulous brow product, you can completely transform, enhance + polish your everyday look!
I’ve tried my fair share of brow products in the past — both high + low end. I had been using + LOVING a taupe colored pencil from NYColor, but the entire NYC line has been replaced by e.l.f. cosmetics in all CVS’s. Don’t get me wrong, I do love e.l.f., but — what the heck!?
When my pencil was reduced to a nub, it was time for something new. So, I picked up Milani’s Stay Put Brow Color.
When shaping your brows, there are 2 cardinal rules:
- It is SO important to work with what you’ve got! Do not try to draw in a brow that doesn’t exist. If your brows don’t arch, don’t force them to. Learn to love + embrace your unique shape! They’re exclusively yours. 🙂
- Use a product that is a shade or two lighter than your natural brow hair color. You do not want to use something that is too dark. A lighter product *will* fill in nicely, I promise. You want them to look as natural as possible.
Below is a quick breakdown of how I like to shape + fill my brows with Milani’s Stay Put Color. This can apply to pencil users as well!
- Brush bare brow with a spoolie
- Line the top of the brow with the angled brush- using just a bit of the product
- Line the bottom of the brow the angled brush – using just a bit of the product
- Fill in the brow, but leave the beginning bare. You don’t want harsh lines or too much product – it should have a fading effect.
- Apply concealer below the bottom brow line
- Blend concealer to create a smooth line + set the brow with a clear mascara or a spritz of hairspray on the spoolie!
Shaping + filling your brows is a quick, small effort – that’ll make a BIG difference!
What brow products are you loving lately?
And random Q, but do you have a favorite eyebrow?! I definitely have a better relationship with my left one! 😉