Tasty Tuesday | Homemade Applesauce

If you’ve read any of my food posts before, you know that while I LOVE to cook/bake, I’m a huge fan of easy + semi-homemade recipes. Particularly ones with few ingredients + minimal work!

Today, I want to share one of them with you. It requires 4 ingredients and essentially has only 2 steps…

Homemade applesauce. 🙂

Easy Homemade Applesauce

When visiting my parents this weekend, my Dad told me he recently picked a bunch of apples + wanted to know if I knew how to make applesauce. Seeing as it may be the easiest thing in the world to make,  I actually did +  jumped at the opportunity to cook with him. QT with Dad and an opp for a fun blog post? Win-win for all!

I love this recipe because there really isn’t much to actually do other than peel the apples [which my Dad so graciously volunteered his services for]! If you have an abundance of apples or are looking for something to do to get you into the Fall spirit, I highly suggest you try recipe this out! 🙂

STEP 1: Gather ingredients!

• 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 10 cooking apples [peeled + chopped]

Easy Homemade Applesauce Ingredients

Easy Homemade Applesauce Sliced Apples

STEP 2: Throw everything in the crockpot + cook on low for 8-10 hours [or high for 3-4 hours].

Easy Homemade Crockpot Applesauce

Do this on a Sunday, or a day when you plan to stay home, because once this delicious smell begins to make it’s way though your entire house…you will not want to leave.

While cooking, recruit your Dad to shoot an aerial crockpot shot…

Recruit Dad to shoot an aerial shot.

IMG_5412-1

Easy Homemade Crockpot Applesauce

You’ve got to give him props! #BloggingCanBeDangerous

Once all apples have been reduced to mush, you’re done! Taste test + add additional sugar or cinnamon if you feel it may need more. Luckily, we nailed it on the first try. 🙂

Serve it warm with whipped or ice cream…or enjoy it cold!

Easy Homemade Applesauce

Easy Homemade Applesauce

Easy Homemade Applesauce

An easy, tasty, seasonal indulgence!  🙂

Have you made homemade applesauce before?

Do you add anything different to your recipe?

XOXO

Advertisements

32 thoughts on “Tasty Tuesday | Homemade Applesauce

1. Gouchis Girl says:

Beautiful photos! I love the one of your dad, he is awesome! 🙂 I love homemade applesauce, so easy. I prefer to use Truvia instead of sugar in mine just to reduce the sugar content and keep it refined sugar free. 😉 It is also fun to do a duo of green and red apples. Another beautiful post!

Liked by 1 person

2. StephJ says:

My boyfriends grandfather uses his own apples from his backyard and makes the most amazing applesauce. He gave us 2 jars, and I shamefully finished a full jar in one sitting. Yum! but he will no reveal his recipe, I will have to use this one you have provided to feed my new applesauce addiction. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. everythingnothin says:

Haha the photo of your dad is priceless!!! I love it!! Such a great post love and the applesauce looks so delicious! This post totally reminds me of my great grandma! She would always make a ton of applesauce in the fall and I always looked forward to it. I will have to try this recipe!! Thanks love!

Liked by 1 person

• Amanda Bella says:

Haha aww! I hadn’t really eaten much of it until the past few years either. Probably since elementary school! It’s one of those foods you forget about, but once you have it, you wonder why you stopped eating it lol. Thanks for reading! 🙂

4. tamiramichelle says:

Omg wow! 😁💗 This looks so much better than store bought applesauce! I definitely have to give this recipe a go, great post girlie. I love baking and cooking too, and this recipe is so perfect & festive for fall 🍂🍂🍂

Liked by 1 person

5. BeginnerBeaute says:

This is genius! I just went apple picking upstate NY and have so many damn apples now LOL I am definitely going to do this over the weekend. Did you put water in the crock pot? Thanks for sharing XO

Liked by 1 person

• Amanda Bella says:

Oh my gosh, yes!!! Growing up, my family used to eat pork chops + apple sauce all the time! I haven’t had it too much in my adult life, but homemade applesauce + pork sounds SO good. Making that ASAP. And thank you, my Dad is the cutest! 🙂

Liked by 1 person