Step Into My Office…

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a photo on Instagram + mentioned that I had built myself a little home office/work space that I planned to share  with you soon. Well, today is that day! 🙂

Amanda Bella Desk

I live in a teeny tiny condo with my wonderful roommate, and while it pretty much suits our needs, I had spent a lot of time blogging from my bed, the couch, or our small dining table. It worked, but I desperately wanted a desk of my own. I put it on my vision board…and next thing I knew, it appeared! 😉

Just kidding. I broke finger nails + skin building this thing!

walmart writing table

I found this writing table at Walmart for only $39!

I spent the better part of New Years Day assembling this baby + making some space in my bedroom for it!

building

Having so much fun! 😉

Now ladies, I wouldn’t necessarily call this fun, but I cannot express how important it is to be able to do this kind of stuff on your own!

I’ve always been one to build my own furniture or get down + dirty cleaning, moving, painting… whatever it may be [learned that from my Mama]! You CAN do anything + you should! That sense of independence is irreplaceable.

sitting at desk

Quick snapshot after I was done building! It was a long day, but I was so proud of myself for creating this little nook all on my own. 🙂

Vision BoardI finally had some time to put my vision board together!

orchidMy thoughtful roommate bought me this adorable baby orchid. She goes “just a little something…it’ll continue to bloom, just like you!” SHE’S LITERALLY THE SWEETEST. I don’t have the greenest of thumbs, so here’s to not letting it totally die! lol

laptop

I decided to put my everyday makeup + zoom mirror here so that the space could be used as a vanity as well! [YAY for not having to get ready on the floor in front of the window anymore!] 🙂makeup

The Zebra chair + crystal lamp were two pieces I already owned. Both were purchased from either Home Goods, TJ Maxx, or Marshalls[?] …they ended up working perfectly in this space. 🙂

Studded Zebra chair

full desk

I am SO happy with my desk. It may not be very much, but it serves such a purpose + puts the biggest smile on my face! 🙂

I look forward to having my own office one day, but for now…this works perfectly fine!

Do you have a designated “work space” at home?

XOXO

Advertisements

60 thoughts on “Step Into My Office…

• Amanda Bella says:

Aww, thanks for that Millie!! 🙂 It really is the coziest little corner. I’m glad I was able to make space for it, and had time to fill in my vision board! Hope you have a great day XOXO 🙂

1. hhardydawson says:

I love your office area! I have a desk set up in my apartment, but it’s in a corner and I rarely use it. I need to figure out a way to make it more functional. Also, your vision board is goals! That’s the perfect spot and I love the frame it’s in. I want to make one, but I want it to be somewhere I can see it every day and I can’t figure out where that is. I’ll lust after yours in the mean time.

Liked by 1 person

2. DesireAndAttire says:

So I may or may not have just written a post on my vanity + beauty storage!! This is seriously creeping me out how much we think the same! LOL. — But, I LOVE your desk! And that chair! 🙂 Definitely looks like a comfy spot to sit and blog!

Liked by 1 person

3. everythingnothin says:

Obsessed with that chair!!! I have a smaller zebra chair that I am saving for when I set up my office haha!! Totally inspiring as always!! Your office is gorgeous!! I am all for building furniture myself too!! I feel so proud once I see it completed haha!!

Liked by 1 person

• Amanda Bella says:

Thank you!!! And yay for zebra chairs!! I really love this one, I initially bought it basically as decoration, but I’m so glad it’s actually serving a purpose now! And woohoo — I love my fellow furniture-building girls!! Can’t wait to see your office!! XO

Liked by 1 person

4. simplygailg says:

Congratulations on the new space Amanda. Love the vision board and the chair. I basically have a desk in one corner of the bedroom since my husband uses the office in the basement. It’s comfortable and suits me well. Now that you’ve carved out your space, it’s just onwards and upwards from here on out! Xoxo

Liked by 1 person

5. pursuitofanewadventure says:

Amanda- I love assembling furniture LOL and glad you support it 😉 Your office is super cute, congrats. Actually, that’s the type of furniture I love and since I’m not in college anymore I’m evolving from Ikea to Pier 1! Glad you love your new space. 🙂

6. Christina says:

That looks so cute, I love it! I’ve been wanting an orchid too, they’re so beautiful! The desk I use now I found at Walmart also, but I’m not very good at handy work or reading directions and did have to have my boyfriend do most of the work while I helped a little. Lol. So happy for you to have a designated working space that you love! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• Amanda Bella says:

I just hope I can keep this plant alive, it’s already looking a little sad lol. And hey, boyfriends are great for many things – nothing wrong with a little help! 🙂 I’m just so impatient, and love being able get stuff done on my own 🙂

7. Gouchis Girl says:

I love it! It looks so cozy! Love the chair the most. 🙂 I would LOVE a desk, and I have an extra bedroom to put it in, but wherever I go the kids will follow and anything sticky finger high is up for grabs lol. So, the table it is for now. 😉 (Hey wait until you have to put together a crib!)

Liked by 1 person

8. My Fashion S/ash Life says:

Good on you for being so proactive and turning your vision into reality, can I just say I love that lil postcard I see with the caption Be You, that’s great advice to have at your work station, and doubling your office into your makeup “studio”, love it! (:

Liked by 1 person