Today I have a travel-related post because…I’m going on a trip! 🙂
I am off to Italy! On Monday. For a month. #JawDrop. At least mine did. 🙂
My sister is studying in Florence, and I was planning a trip in April to spend her birthday with her. Long story short, life has been in-sane lately… in a good way. But I have a hunch that April is going to bring even more craziness! So, with nothing really stopping me right now, I bumped my trip up + decided to spend some extra time in Europe. Because, why the heck not?! [Constant reminder to self: this is your year to do whatever you want, Amanda.]
While packing, a bajillion blog posts came to mind! Today, I want to share what’s in my carry on bag + some of my must-haves while flying!
Check them out! 🙂 –>
- I’m brining a backpack. Let it be known, I am *not* a backpack girl. I honestly cannot remember the last time I carried one. Maybe middle school? I want to travel as simply as possible, and lets be real – backpacks are pretty darn functional.
2. Making yourself comfortable in-flight is key. I’m brining one of my KnitPopShop blanket scarves to curl up with + my coziest pair of NoNonsense socks to change into. Not pictured is my feather down pillow that I’m going to try my *very hardest* to shove in the bag as well! lol
3. For entertainment, I’ve got my fully charged laptop, iPad, and my noise-reducing headphones! I’m also bringing one of the books I’m currently reading. 🙂
4. Snacks! I’m prone to dehydration, so having a water bottle on hand is key. [TIP: to save some $$, bring an empty bottle to fill up once you get past security.] I’ll stock up on various munchies, but a bag of peanut M+M’s is always my go-to airplane snack. 🙂
5. I don’t like to wear any makeup when flying, however, I do like to touch up before arriving at my destination! No need for a full face…just a few basics! [TIP: I like to spray tan at home the night before I travel – it helps me feel less washed out]. 🙂
6. I don’t know about you, but airplanes leave me feeling all kinds of gross + desperately anxious for a shower. Having a few things on hand to help you quickly refresh are crucial!
And there you have it! Of course I have all of the other important items in my purse; like money, ID, passport, chapstick… cuticle oil, etc. 😉 But these are some of the things that make traveling more enjoyable for me!
Did I miss anything important? Let me know in the comments below!
Not sure what my posting schedule will be like, but you better believe I’ll be blogging + sharing lots of pictures with you while I’m away. 🙂
What do you bring in your carry on?
Have you ever been to Florence? What are some things that I must do??