Happy Friday!! It has been waaay too long since I’ve put up a recipe + let me tell you, you are in for a treat with this one! [No pun intended.]
So quick back story: I was going to a family party a couple of months ago. I had to bring a dessert. I was craving some kind of peanut butter/banana creation. I remembered my college roomie [Ashley!!] had made some kind of incredible banana trifle with Nutter Butters once. I could not find a quick/easy enough recipe. So I kind of made this one up! …To my surprise, it worked out just fine + was pretty darn delish.
Take a look! –>
- Gather ingredients. 1 package of Nutter Butters, 2 packages of vanilla pudding [and milk for mixing], about 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1 container of cool whip. AND 2-3 BANANA’S! Silly me forgot to include the produce.
2. Mix 2 packages of pudding + let sit until thick. In a separate bowl, melt about 1/2 cup of peanut butter in the microwave. Combine the melted peanut butter with pudding.
3. Fold softened cool whip into the peanut butter/pudding mixture.
4. Grab your trifle bowl and begin layering! Start with a layer of the peanut butter/pudding mixture, follow up with a layer of crushed Nutter Butters, and then add a layer of sliced bananas. Be sure to prop the bananas up along the sides of the trifle dish… because you know, it looks prettier that way. 😉
5. Repeat until you run out of ingredients or reach the top of your bowl. Be sure to save enough Nutter Butters for the final layer! #BestPartAnd there you have it! Welcome to creamy, crunchy, peanut butter, banana heaven.
I love making trifles. There are so many different combinations you can try, they can be made in advance, and they always look pretty sitting on a dessert table. 🙂
Are you a banana + peanut butter fan?
What’s your favorite trifle combo?!