Ahhh! I Got Bangs!

If you’ve ever wanted to totally change up your hair, you’ll want to check this out! DIY bangs

So I didn’t get real bangs [my cowlick will never allow it to happen]… BUT, I did style fake ones + I’m going to show you how incredibly EASY it is to do! 😉

All you’ll need:

•  Hair tie
  • Bobby pins
  • Heat protectant spray
  • Hair straightener
  • Comb

Alright, ready?! Here we go! –>

1.  Throw your hair up into a ponytail. This style works great with 2-3 day old hair!Ponytail

2.  Split your ponytail in half, flip one portion over to cover your forehead, and then bobby pin it down [pin it fairly close to the elastic]. Use as much or as little of your hair as you see fit – this section will make up your “bangs”!3 3. Divide the remaining ponytail into 2 pieces.. 5 4.  Wrap those pieces around the top of the ponytail to cover the pins + create a topknot. Secure the ends with bobby pins or tuck them into your elastic!6

5. Spray your funky looking “bangs” with some heat protectant spray. I’ve been a fan of Chi’s 44 Iron Guard for years.7 6. Use a hair straightener to smooth them out.8

7. Use a comb to brush + style! 9

…And you’re done!

BangsOnce I uploaded the these “after” photos, I realized that I needed waaay more bang hair — they looked far too sparse for my liking! I don’t have a ton of hair to work with, so a couple of days later, I tried it out again with 1 track of my Bellami extensions added to my ponytail. I didn’t want to re-shoot the entire tutorial, but here’s how they came out with the extra hair! 🙂

final bangs2

Much better!

Seriously though, HOW FUN?!!!

Obviously, they’re not as perfect as real bangs would be…and my grown out ombre probably doesn’t blend as well as it would if my hair were all one color – but I still love them! Such a cute, fun, and flirty style! I am obsessed with this little trick!! 🙂

Do you have bangs or have you ever tried to style fake ones?

Anyone else with a cranky cowlick out there?! 😉

XOXO

Advertisements

38 thoughts on “Ahhh! I Got Bangs!

• Amanda Bella says:

Aw thank you!! Obviously, I feel like such a fraud wearing them because I know they were all kinds of Macgyver-ed. But I think they may fool a few people! 😉 They’re really fun — I always wanted bangs! 🙂

1. Gouchis Girl says:

Adorable. 🙂 I’ve seen this floating around the internet. I have a side bang thing going on, but not shaggy like that. I didn’t have bangs for years, and now I can’t go back to not having something lol Really gives you a great variety! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• Amanda Bella says:

Thank you!! I’d seen some video tutorials and I was dying to see if it actually worked! It’s so fun to be able to play around with your look without having to commit! I’m so jealous of your side bangs! I’ve always wanted them!!

Liked by 1 person

2. Christina says:

I’ve seen this trick before, but have never actually tried it myself. Maybe I should one day just to see what I’d look like with bangs. I don’t think I’ve had them since I was around 6 years old. Lol! I think the ombre in the bangs looks cute, though, and adds a little bit more fun! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• Amanda Bella says:

Aw thanks girl!! I think bangs are definitely out of style these days, you don’t see too many people with them anymore BUTTT once in a while you’ll see a celeb pop up with some cute ones! It’s fun to play around & not to have to commit! 😉

Liked by 1 person

3. hhardydawson says:

Ummm this is genius. Obviously my hair isn’t long enough to do this, but it’s such a great idea. A new hairstyle without the commitment. Bangs look so good on you! I rocked them all through the 90s and they haunt me to this day.

Liked by 1 person

4. Eleni says:

That’s so cool!! Love it!! I d love to have bangs but don’t suit them at all 😞 I tried them once the hairdresser that did them said “well you can always keep them on the side till they grow” 😱😂 X

Liked by 1 person

5. as_you_like_it says:

You look soooo cute! I always wanted bangs but my face is round so bangs don’t look good on me..but now i can at least see how i look without actually cutting my hair 🙂

Liked by 1 person