Hi Everyone! Happy February!
I always say that I’m going to get better about writing “Favorites” posts each month, and this year I think it’s about time I stick to it! I spend so much time sharing and reviewing new products, but the follow up is MIA! Not all, but many of the things I’m sharing today have already been featured on my blog or social media accounts, but I’m excited to recap which ones I’ve continued to love & use regularly! 🙂
ALSO! I want to share my favorite book and manicure color from the month as well! So without further ado…my January faves!
- Yve’s St. Laurent The Shock Mascara. I received this mid-January to try – I gave my first impressions in my last YouTube video and I am a fan! To be honest, I can’t say I’d drop $30 on it, my lashes are pretty easy to please, but this mascara is great! The formula, the brush, the way it lifts, separates, and lengthens my lashes is fantastic & I will enjoy every last bit of this tube! 🙂
- Caption Nailpolish Base & Top Coat. Ahhh the natural nail life has bee treating me well thanks to many new products, but these two in particular. The Caption base coat has no DBP, toluene, or formaldehyde which truly helps to protect your nails from staining. The top coat wears, shines, and dries like a gel…I couldn’t love it any more! Highly recommend this stuff!
- L’Oreal Ever Fresh Micro-Exfoliating Scrub. I cannot believe how long it took me to enter the world of scalp-scrubs, but what a phenomenal addition to my haircare routine! I have been using this scrub in the shower once or twice a week and am loving it. My hair and scalp just feel so much cleaner – huge fan!
- Bath & Body Works Magic In The Air Body Lotion. I actually got this lotion from my cousin for Christmas and it smells delicious! When I remember (or find the energy) to moisturize, I have been reaching for this.
- éprouvage Leave-In Conditioner. The smell of this stuff alone could sell ya! I’ve been applying this to the damp ends of my hair before I blow dry & style it. If you have really dry hair, this would be amazing for you!
- Beauty Blender. Believe it or not, I just got my first real Beauty Blender for Christmas! I had used other sponges which I figured were just as good, but let me tell you…LIES! The real thing is worth every bit of $20. I don’t know what they do to these sponges, but I cannot imagine blending my makeup with anything else. I know I’m late to the game (and everyone is moving on to this!?) but I LOVE my BB. Game changer!
- Rimmel London Lasting Lipstick – Kate Moss Collection #14. I’ve had this lipstick for a while, but have been wearing it a ton this month! I used it in my last video & totally named the wrong shade (I called it “Rossetto”…but it appears that all of the lipsticks are marked “Rossetto”)! I don’t think it even has a name, pretty sure it’s just a number LOL! I just finished my tube and picked up a brand new one because I love it that much! 🙂
- Nike Air Huarache Sneakers. I am so into these sneakers… I even wrote an entire blog about them! These are the comfiest kicks and I seriously feel so cool every time I wear them #nerd.
- Quilted Chevron Jumbo Love Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody (similar). I adore this bag! It is so soft, stylish, and large enough for everyday use! I was carrying it for most of January, but I was scared that I was going to ruin it with so much wear. Needless to say, I’ve swapped over to a new everyday bag which will be on the blog next week!! This baby will definitely be getting a lot of use this year though! 🙂
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. I’m tying to seriously up my reading game in 2017. I hope to complete at least two books a month! This month I read The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena and Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. Both were really captivating and had some crazy plot twists, I flew through them, but out of the two… this one would have to be my first pick!
- OPI: My Chihuahua Bites. I really loved all of manicures this month (and this polish was a CLOSE second), but this OPI shade was definitely my favorite. I enjoyed having these shiny, bright coral nails for a week during this chilly month! 🙂
And there you have it, 11 of my absolute favorite items from January! I hope you enjoyed this post — let me know if you’ve used, tried, or read any of the above. I’m going to do my best to share a Favorites post every month this year! I love them and think they’re fun to read & to put together!
Great post!! I’ve found that TJ Maxx and Marshalls have super inexpensive beauty blenders, if you live near one. I think I bought mine for $5!
Really?! I’ve seen the knock off ones, but never an original 🙁 . I ‘ll definitely be keeping my eye out though, that’s a steal!!! Thanks for reading! XO
That leave in conditioner looks nice! I’m very hesitant to try new hair things but i definitely need something that works. Do you spray/use it on your whole head or just on the ends? Does it leave any oiliness or residue behind? I hate products that oil my hair out.
Also girlllll-not sure how you survived this long without a BB. It is BAE. i’ve been using mine for over a year now (almost on a daily) prior to that, i owned it for a couple years but only used it occasionally, but i can’t imagine life without it!! Glad you love it as much as us haha!
My hair isn’t terribly dry, so I just use the conditioner on my ends! Mom has very dry hair so she applies it quite liberally all over her head and her hair just drinks it up! I haven’t noticed any residue or oiliness, but I also don’t use too much. UM, my pre-BB life was SO SAD! That darn sponge has completely changed my life!!! Thanks for reading, love! XOXO
Love the book recommendations! Have you ever been on Goodreads.com? It’s a fun way to see what your friends are reading, get book recommendations, and set a goal for how many to read. I sound like an ad but I’m obsessed with it!
I have!! I’ll pop on once in a while to see what people are saying about certain books, but I don’t have my own account. I should probably get on that! Thanks for reading, love! OX
This is a really great list of things! The best part is that you have a mix of price points, you have things that aren’t so expensive with things that are on the more expensive side. I really wanna try your leave in conditioner. I have extremely dry hair, because I dye it all the time, and I’m always looking for new things to nourish my hair! xxx
Thank you! I’m so glad that you enjoyed it. I’ve always been a fan of drugstore products, but once in a while I have the opportunity to try something a little more pricey & really do love it! If you have dry hair, this leave-in conditioner would probably work wonders for your hair! The online reviews alone could sell you. If you have the opportunity, I’d highly suggest you try it out! Thanks for reading, girl!! XO
I love those kicks!! They look so comfy.. I need to get that nail polish asap! Your nails are always on point 🙂
Aww, thanks Brittany! These sneaks are the BEST & you know I love my manis!! Haha XOXO
I want to read more too. I’d love some book recommendations! Loving those sneakers xxo
I’ve been a reading machineeee! I definitely want to include more book recommendations here. And yay! Aren’t those sneaks the cutest?! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by girlie!!! XO
That mascara made your lashes look amazing! I have my classic standbys for base and top coats, but I’m always down to try something new. I also want to try the scalp scrub. I’m going to have to look for that next time I’m at Target. I got a real beautyblender a few months ago and while I like it, I love my Real Techniques diamond sponge better. The BB is great though! I want some new Nikes so bad! I’ll haveot keep that style in mind. Your bag is GORGEOUS. I feel the same way about my purses. That OPI shade is one of my go to summer colors and it such a classic! I loved seein your favorites.
The mascara is great, but definitely pricey. I loveeee the scrub, really fun to use!! The BB has changed my life! TBH, I’m not positive that I tried the RT one?? I’ll have to check it out. And yes, you need yourself a pair of sporty sneakers! Idk why I was so late to hop on the sneaker train lol. It’s so hard to have a nice bag that you want to carry everyday but at the same time keep packed away in it’s sham for safe keeping lol. And thank you, bright polishes to warm up this nasty winner have been a must for me!! Glad you enjoyed reading!! 🙂 XOXO
I follow you on insta (saw one of your posts through Influenster). you have a great blog 🙂
Aw that’s awesome! I love Influenster, it’s such an incredible network!! 🙂 Thank you so much for stopping by, I really appreciate it! I’ll have to connect with you on Insta too & check out your blog!! 🙂 Have a great Sunday! XOXO
Thanks! That would be great! I’m just getting into the blogging scene, but I’ve been on insta for awhile. 🙂
OK I’m doing the happy dance right now…like on the inside LOL. We actually have one of your products here! Hahahaha. The Kate Rimmel everything’s called Rosetto lipstick. I can’t try it because it’s like not an option, but I get easily chapped lips. Is this a good option for me? Also, is it like nude nude, or more brownish? PS – our numbers were only in the hundreds!!! 😮 And PSS – it’s like $15 USD here…it’s like $1 there! But I need a nude bad and I might just pay that if it’s worth it you know. Now I know why these naturally hot people here don’t wear makeup LOL.
HAHAHA!! Awww, okay so a few things. 1) YAY!!! How exciting!!!!!!! 2) I picked up a new tube of this lipstick & apparently all of their shades are branded with “Rossetto” this particular shade is #14! 3) Cannot speak for chapped lips, but this product definitely doesn’t dry mine out! 4) It’s got a slight brown tint to it, it’s not a total white skin flesh lol. I like it on it’s own or I’ll top it with a light pink gloss! 5) I can’t believe the price difference!!! I personally love this shade, it may have been the first tube of lipstick I’ve ever worn until it ran out! But see if you can swatch it before buying?! Idk if that’s an option, but if you can, definitely check to see if you like it on you!! 6) THOSE DARN HOT PEOPLE!!! Hahah XOXO
I love this comment so much lol! Thx for the feedback!