Hi Everyone! Happy February!
I always say that I’m going to get better about writing “Favorites” posts each month, and this year I think it’s about time I stick to it! I spend so much time sharing and reviewing new products, but the follow up is MIA! Not all, but many of the things I’m sharing today have already been featured on my blog or social media accounts, but I’m excited to recap which ones I’ve continued to love & use regularly! 🙂
ALSO! I want to share my favorite book and manicure color from the month as well! So without further ado…my January faves!
- Yve’s St. Laurent The Shock Mascara. I received this mid-January to try – I gave my first impressions in my last YouTube video and I am a fan! To be honest, I can’t say I’d drop $30 on it, my lashes are pretty easy to please, but this mascara is great! The formula, the brush, the way it lifts, separates, and lengthens my lashes is fantastic & I will enjoy every last bit of this tube! 🙂
- Caption Nailpolish Base & Top Coat. Ahhh the natural nail life has bee treating me well thanks to many new products, but these two in particular. The Caption base coat has no DBP, toluene, or formaldehyde which truly helps to protect your nails from staining. The top coat wears, shines, and dries like a gel…I couldn’t love it any more! Highly recommend this stuff!
- L’Oreal Ever Fresh Micro-Exfoliating Scrub. I cannot believe how long it took me to enter the world of scalp-scrubs, but what a phenomenal addition to my haircare routine! I have been using this scrub in the shower once or twice a week and am loving it. My hair and scalp just feel so much cleaner – huge fan!
- Bath & Body Works Magic In The Air Body Lotion. I actually got this lotion from my cousin for Christmas and it smells delicious! When I remember (or find the energy) to moisturize, I have been reaching for this.
- éprouvage Leave-In Conditioner. The smell of this stuff alone could sell ya! I’ve been applying this to the damp ends of my hair before I blow dry & style it. If you have really dry hair, this would be amazing for you!
- Beauty Blender. Believe it or not, I just got my first real Beauty Blender for Christmas! I had used other sponges which I figured were just as good, but let me tell you…LIES! The real thing is worth every bit of $20. I don’t know what they do to these sponges, but I cannot imagine blending my makeup with anything else. I know I’m late to the game (and everyone is moving on to this!?) but I LOVE my BB. Game changer!
- Rimmel London Lasting Lipstick – Kate Moss Collection #14. I’ve had this lipstick for a while, but have been wearing it a ton this month! I used it in my last video & totally named the wrong shade (I called it “Rossetto”…but it appears that all of the lipsticks are marked “Rossetto”)! I don’t think it even has a name, pretty sure it’s just a number LOL! I just finished my tube and picked up a brand new one because I love it that much! 🙂
- Nike Air Huarache Sneakers. I am so into these sneakers… I even wrote an entire blog about them! These are the comfiest kicks and I seriously feel so cool every time I wear them #nerd.
- Quilted Chevron Jumbo Love Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody (similar). I adore this bag! It is so soft, stylish, and large enough for everyday use! I was carrying it for most of January, but I was scared that I was going to ruin it with so much wear. Needless to say, I’ve swapped over to a new everyday bag which will be on the blog next week!! This baby will definitely be getting a lot of use this year though! 🙂
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. I’m tying to seriously up my reading game in 2017. I hope to complete at least two books a month! This month I read The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena and Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. Both were really captivating and had some crazy plot twists, I flew through them, but out of the two… this one would have to be my first pick!
- OPI: My Chihuahua Bites. I really loved all of manicures this month (and this polish was a CLOSE second), but this OPI shade was definitely my favorite. I enjoyed having these shiny, bright coral nails for a week during this chilly month! 🙂
And there you have it, 11 of my absolute favorite items from January! I hope you enjoyed this post — let me know if you’ve used, tried, or read any of the above. I’m going to do my best to share a Favorites post every month this year! I love them and think they’re fun to read & to put together!