I know that we’re already well into June, but my site was down the last week of May and my favorites post never went live! I’ve really enjoyed putting these posts together each month and I couldn’t bear to miss one…so, better late than never! 🙂
To be honest, May was one my best months for favorites to date. I tried and fell in love with a handful of incredible products and I was so eager to round them all up! So without further ado…
1. RL Apothecary Rose Clay Mask. This was a gift from Sandra of The Rustic Life – it’s one of the products in her new skincare line, RL Apothecary! I did feature it earlier in the month, but it has become one of my favorite face masks to use before bed. Looking for fresh, tight, hydrated, and rejuvenated skin? This stuff gets the job done. Watch it in action here, and order your own bottle here!
2. Oval Foundation Brush. I am loving this thing! It took a little getting used to, but I’ve since gotten the hang of it and am loving how well it blends my foundation (and BB cream!) No more messy foundation fingers! See it in action in :60 seconds on IG or watch the full video here!
3. Bartaco. I made a few trips to Bartaco in May (like for the Style Collective bloggers lunch!), so I figured why not include them in my roundup! I pretty much enjoy every single thing on the menu…and I actually tried a few new (to me) things this month. ALL YUM! They’re expanding like crazy, if there’s a Bartaco in your area, you’ve got to make the trip!
4. Milani Baked Bronzer (Dolce). I love me some brozner! I picked this one up to try last month and it quickly became part of my everyday makeup routine. It’s not too dark and it has a really beautiful gold marbling throughout. Find it here!
5. iPhone 7+. YAY for upgrades! I decided to get the plus versus the regular 7 because I figured I’d regret not opting for the larger version. It has taken some getting used to, but it’s really nice working with a larger screen. And that new camera…omg!
6. Pure As Gold Boutique – “The C” bracelet. One of my friends from college opened up this boutique and I couldn’t wait to shop it! “The C” was my first purchase – I featured in a recent post and I’m still loving it! The color combination is perfect for Summer, it adds just the right amount of subtle flair to any outfit. Find it here!
7. 1 1/2″ Curling Iron. If you caught Wednesday’s post, you know this has been my go-to hot tool lately! I really like the way that it makes my hair look – loose and effortless looking curls are my jam at the moment! See it in action and shop the tool here!
8. Converse Chuck Taylor Low Tops. I have wanted a pair of white Converse for months! I’m not sure what was taking me so long, but after having a couple of drinks (at the aforementioned restaurant in #3) with my boyfriend over Memorial Day Weekend, he dragged me to Famous Footwear and I ended up just pulling the trigger. Whoops! I did get them in the kids department though, so yay for a deal! LOL. They’re basically $50 everywhere, but if you can squeeze into child sizing, you can get them for $35 too!
9. Defending Jacob by William Landay. I finally finished a book this month! My girlfriend read Defending Jacob and said that it was so good that I had to get it! I picked it up at the library, but wasn’t finding enough time to read. I spend about an hour in the car everyday and I love my Podcasts …so I thought that maybe it was worth trying an audiobook! I downloaded a free trial of Audible and loved listening in the car! The book itself was good, I wouldn’t say it was my favorite, but definitely a crazy story! Audible is a monthly subscription service, but I’ve seen a few other free audiobook apps that actually correlate with your library – which is so cool!! Do you guys have any book or audiobook app recommendations!?
10. Morgan Taylor Selfie Summer Collection. YAY for Summer manis!! I loved swatching this collection last month and have been obsessed with the polishes. If I had to pick one favorite, I think “Pretty As A Pink-Ture” would be my #1!! This color is FAB and perfect for Summer! 🙂
And that’s it for May! There was so much to love and I’m glad I was able to squeeze this post in before it got too late! Thank you all for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! 🙂
Have you tried anything above?
What were you loving last month?
Any great book recommendations?