Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a Happy Father’s Day. 🙂
This post is something I’ve wanted to put together for a while. I see a lot of people create their own “X Things I’ve Learned in X Years” list that they’re able to add to every year and I really love the idea. It’s the morning after my 29th (gasp) birthday and I woke up feeling so grateful for so many things. I thought I would turn this into a mini Becoming Bella post and share my own list of personal lessons (to date!) that have proved to be so darn valuable! I hope you enjoy. XO
- You are responsible for your own happiness.
- Get involved. Take a class, learn a new skill, continue to feed your mind!
- Choose the people you surround yourself with wisely.
- Don’t be afraid to say yes, on the contrary…don’t be afraid to say no.
- Spending time with friends and family [unplugged] is good for the soul!
- Dreams don’t work unless you do.
- Consistency and authenticity are they keys to success.
- No one cares as much as you think they do.
- There is literally not one other person in this world like you. And that’s a good thing!
- A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
- There is no time like the present. Really though, right this second!
- ALWAYS wash your face before you go to sleep.
- Don’t hoard! Keep your living, working, and driving space clean.
- When it comes to food…you can have it all, just not all at once!
- Go to the doctors if something seems off.
- Be confident in yourself and your choices. You don’t have to explain anything to anyone, and anyone who chooses to question your life has something off in their own.
- A fresh manicure and a great outfit will work wonders for your mood. Same goes for a blow out – take care of yourself!
- No one is going to just show up and give you what you want. If you want it, you’ve got to go get it!
- A good relationship is built on mutual respect and love. Your partner should be your biggest fan and want nothing but the best for you.
- It’s never too late to do what you want to do or be who you want to be.
- Enjoy time with your parents.
- Always be the bigger person.
- Alcohol and sunshine should be consumed moderately. I promise you, they’re doing no favors for your skin.
- Show up! My Dad always cared more that we received the perfect attendance award than anything else. 🙂
- Don’t be afraid to apologize to make something right.
- Figure out what type of outfit makes you look and feel your best and wear it…often!
- Don’t live in the past, don’t dwell on the past, don’t look to the past, the past has already served it’s purpose. Choose to learn from it. Worry about today and focus on tomorrow.
- TRUST THE TIMING OF YOUR LIFE.
- Growing another year older is absolutely something to celebrate. Not everyone is so lucky.
I feel like I’m missing a MILLION things, but it’s okay! I’m happy with this list. 🙂
I actually enjoy getting older, I am so grateful to be another year older. I’ve been designing and placing each piece of my life’s puzzle, and I’m loving the process. Each year really does get a little bit better. 🙂
Thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes yesterday and made this weekend so special. I really, really appreciated it! Here’s to 29, I’m looking forward to this one. 🙂
happy 29th you look great def using all your beauty tips now lol
Hahaha thanks girlfriend!! I can’t even believe it! I definitely don’t feel 29!! Or maybe I do?…maybe 29 is meant to feel this young!? 🙂
What a great list! You are wise beyond your 29 years beautiful!
I’m learning from the best! XOXOXOX
This is such a well rounded list! I absolutely love and agree with every single one! I had to LOL at the perfect attendance part- too cute! I’m so glad you posted this 🙂
Haha oh my gosh, perfect attendance was like *the* most important thing ever. We were never out sick, out on vaca, out for anythingggg LOL. He was all about showing up. It has served me well though. I’m so glad you enjoyed the post!! 🙂 XO
Happy birthday again! Love this post – so many things on there i can relate to and so many i need to learn and DO myself like today, as you said! Hope this year is a great one for you 🙂
Thank you so much sweetheart! I hope you take something positive away from it! 🙂 XOXO
I missed your actual birthday… So “Happy Birthday” one day late. 🙂 I hope your day was fun, delicious, and fabulous!!
This is SUCH a great list!!
Thank you so much Nicole, I’m glad you liked it!! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend & had a wonderful Father’s Day!! 🙂 XO
Happy belated birthday! Hope you had an amazing time xxx
Melina | http://www.ivefoundwaldo.com
Thank you so much Melina! 🙂 XOXO
I love this and your blog! Everything from the layout to the content is perfect!
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that! 🙂
Happy belated birthday hon, I feel bad that I missed it. I hope it was wonderful and you enjoyed it to the fullest. Such a great list! You’re wise at your ripe age of 29. 😉 Xoxo
Haha thank you so much Gail, I appreciate it! I hope to see you soon! XOXO 🙂
I love this!!! What a great list! And happy belated birthday, friend!
Thank you so much Jasmine!! XOXO
I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! I’ve learned some of these lessons in my years and there are others that I’ve really taken to heart.
Thank you so much Hannah. Life is all about the lessons! 🙂 XOXO
I absolutely love this – 29 very good things! I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and I can’t wait to see what the next year holds for you.
Thank you so much Connie! I’m really looking forward to this year 🙂 XO