Happy Monday! Today, I’m talking makeup. Specifically, cake it on, super full coverage, ain’t-gunna-budge Summer makeup! Summer is usually the season of weddings, showers, and special events that you want to A) look your best for, and B) need a face that’s not going to melt off in the heat. Luckily, I’ve had a little practice in this arena and I’ve got a few tricks to share with you!
I wanted to create this look using a mix of high and low end products that I genuinely love. A lot of them are from the same brands. In my opinion, Kat Von D’s line is one of the best when it comes to full coverage products, so I do use a lot of her things here! The price points are all over the place, but I’m a fan of each and everything that’s featured. So without further ado, take a peek at how I achieve this full coverage face! 😉
A few important things to remember: be sure to use a primer, find the fullest coverage foundation you can – it’s important if you want your makeup to last, set your liquid and cream products with a translucent powder, and make sure you use a finishing spray! 🙂
All of the products that I used:
- Olay Age Defying Moisturizer
- e.l.f. Mineral Primer
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
- Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation (Medium Cool)
- Kat Von D Lock-it Creme Concealer (L1 Neutral)
- Beauty Blender
- Kat Von D Translucent Setting Powder
- Kat Von D Powder Foundation (Deep 66)
- Bare Minerals Blush (Giddy Pink)
- e.l.f. Baked Highlighter & Bronzer
- e.l.f Eyebrow Pencil (Neutral Brown)
- Marc Jacobs Precision Pen Liquid Liner (Blacquer)
- Bare Minerals Prime Time Eyeshadow Primer
- Carli Bybel BH Cosmetics Palette (Linked the deluxe version!)
- e.l.f. Liquid Liner (Jet Black)
- Best Lash 3D Fiber Mascara Kit
- e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator
- Kylie Cosmetics Lip Liner in Dolce K
- Milani Lip Liner in Nude
- e.l.f Shimmer Lipgloss (Inspire)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
That may seem like a lot, but then again, this look isn’t for an ordinary day – it’s a special occasion! I mentioned in the video that I’m a firm believe in less is more when it comes to makeup. However, when you’re in or attending a wedding, I really believe that more is more. Looking back at pictures, you’ll agree with me. TRUST!
What are some of your tricks for achieving a full coverage look? Any miracle products out there that I need to know about?
Wishing you all a wonderful week!