Fall is about to come a knocking and while I’m just as excited as the next New Englander for cozy sweaters, cute booties, apple picking, and a warm PSL, I am definitely not one to wish Summer away. I’m usually pretty adamant about holding off on all things Fall until October 1st; so to help keep Summer alive over the next month and a half, I’ve made a little bucket list to keep the momentum going! For those who also like to stretch the season, this post is for you! 🙂
- Plan a weekend getaway. My boyfriend and I have been so busy this Summer and while we’ve been able to spend a bit of time together, we haven’t spent too much time alone. We’re kind of running out of weekends, but I really want to take a quick little trip with just the two of us! 🙂
- Try a new summer recipe. I made these s’mores brownies for a bachelorette party this past weekend and they were incredible (super easy too)! But I do want try and make something a little more challenging! Katherine in Brooklyn has been sharing the yummiest recipes all Summer long!
- Squeeze in another beach day & snap some fun photos! I love the beach and even though I was able to spend some time there last week, I do hope I’m able to visit another time or two — it’s definitely my happy place! We were so busy relaxing on the beach last week, I didn’t get to take advantage of the gorgeous views for any fun outfit shots …so that’s on the list too! 😉
- Have a cookout! There’s nothing like a little grilling and chilling with friends and family. I’d love to squeeze one more in before October.
- Partake in an outdoor activity…baseball game, concert, etc. I’ve been trying to go to a Yankee game with my sister all Summer, but our schedules just haven’t been cooperative. It may be time to bite the bullet and make it happen before it gets chilly!
- Keep the Summer manicures alive! Oh how I love my hot pink and baby blue polishes. I know it’s tempting, but don’t go to the dark side just yet!
- Try a new ice cream parlor. What screams Summer more than ice cream!? There are so many shoppes and creameries in Connecticut that I have yet to try! I think venturing to a new spot may be happening sooner rather than later. 😉
- Dine al fresco every chance you get! Outdoor dining has such a small window in New England and it’s really such a treat. Any chance to enjoy a meal outside, you must take advantage!
- Mini golfing! I love mini golf and I haven’t had the chance to play this year! My boyfriend and I are super competitive on the course, it’s definitely got to happen soon!
- See a movie at the drive-in. There’s one semi-local drive in that I love to go to! It’s such an underrated activity; they play two new back to back movies every weekend through the season. You can bring your own snacks, pillows, blankets, etc… it’s such a fun thing to do! If you have any drive-in theaters in your town, you must take advantage. 🙂
What are some things you guys would add to your end of Summer bucket list?! I’m sure I’m missing a few! I hope you had a great weekend & I wish you all a wonderful week ahead!
PS: the matching top and bottom I’m wearing above are from Sara Boo!