Fall is about to come a knocking and while I’m just as excited as the next New Englander for cozy sweaters, cute booties, apple picking, and a warm PSL, I am definitely not one to wish Summer away. I’m usually pretty adamant about holding off on all things Fall until October 1st; so to help keep Summer alive over the next month and a half, I’ve made a little bucket list to keep the momentum going! For those who also like to stretch the season, this post is for you! 🙂
- Plan a weekend getaway. My boyfriend and I have been so busy this Summer and while we’ve been able to spend a bit of time together, we haven’t spent too much time alone. We’re kind of running out of weekends, but I really want to take a quick little trip with just the two of us! 🙂
- Try a new summer recipe. I made these s’mores brownies for a bachelorette party this past weekend and they were incredible (super easy too)! But I do want try and make something a little more challenging! Katherine in Brooklyn has been sharing the yummiest recipes all Summer long!
- Squeeze in another beach day & snap some fun photos! I love the beach and even though I was able to spend some time there last week, I do hope I’m able to visit another time or two — it’s definitely my happy place! We were so busy relaxing on the beach last week, I didn’t get to take advantage of the gorgeous views for any fun outfit shots …so that’s on the list too! 😉
- Have a cookout! There’s nothing like a little grilling and chilling with friends and family. I’d love to squeeze one more in before October.
- Partake in an outdoor activity…baseball game, concert, etc. I’ve been trying to go to a Yankee game with my sister all Summer, but our schedules just haven’t been cooperative. It may be time to bite the bullet and make it happen before it gets chilly!
- Keep the Summer manicures alive! Oh how I love my hot pink and baby blue polishes. I know it’s tempting, but don’t go to the dark side just yet!
- Try a new ice cream parlor. What screams Summer more than ice cream!? There are so many shoppes and creameries in Connecticut that I have yet to try! I think venturing to a new spot may be happening sooner rather than later. 😉
- Dine al fresco every chance you get! Outdoor dining has such a small window in New England and it’s really such a treat. Any chance to enjoy a meal outside, you must take advantage!
- Mini golfing! I love mini golf and I haven’t had the chance to play this year! My boyfriend and I are super competitive on the course, it’s definitely got to happen soon!
- See a movie at the drive-in. There’s one semi-local drive in that I love to go to! It’s such an underrated activity; they play two new back to back movies every weekend through the season. You can bring your own snacks, pillows, blankets, etc… it’s such a fun thing to do! If you have any drive-in theaters in your town, you must take advantage. 🙂
What are some things you guys would add to your end of Summer bucket list?! I’m sure I’m missing a few! I hope you had a great weekend & I wish you all a wonderful week ahead!
PS: the matching top and bottom I’m wearing above are from Sara Boo!
That’s the most adorable picture of you! I LOVE that outfit. What a great bucket list. Connecticut sounds like a super cute place. I’ve never gotten to go over to New England. I’ve kind of done a west and south US thing 🙂 . From Chicago all the way to Cape Cod is on my bucket list in general. Especially in the fall!
Thank you so much Kristin! Connecticut has its perks, if you ever find yourself out here, you must let me know!!! The Cape is so lovely in the Summer, but oh my gosh – Fall in New England is absolutely fantastic.
I will def let you know! Same if you’re ever in Buenos Aires!
Omg I will love to mini golf def adding that to my list. Cute outfit to.
Mini golf is the best – you must go! I cannot believe I haven’t gone yet this year.
What a great idea! Loving your end of summer bucket list! And your outfit! so pretty <3
Thank you so much girlie! Just trying to stretch the season as much as I can! 🙂
I found a new ice cream spot no too long ago and I can’t wait to go back. Cute outfit!
Thank you — and that’s the best!! There are definitely superior ice cream shoppes 😉 I wish Summer would last just a little bit longer!
I want to see a movie at a drive-in so badly! And I love your outfit in the first picture!
Thank you! And you must — I was surprised to learn there were outdoor theaters in my state, they’re a bit of a hike, but it’s a fun night out! You should definitely check to see if there are any near you!! 🙂