Dang, Summer. You’re really tugging at my heart. How we’ve found ourselves in September already is beyond me. I’m definitely bummed, but thank the good Lord that Summer is followed up by Fall. The next few months (especially in New England), are the absolute best! Before we jump into all things Autumn, I want to recap one more month of Summer Favorites!
…Let’s get right into ’em!
1. Crunchy Pistachio Vanilla Candle. This isn’t exactly a Summer scent (it’s from the Yankee Candle Limited Cookie Swap Collection). BUT, I found it when I was cleaning out my armoire and was dying to burn it. It smells so delicious – there are some for sale on Amazon!
2. These cute block heels have made a few Instagram appearances, but I don’t think they’ve actually hit the blog yet! When I saw them on Kelsey Kaplan I fell in love & knew I needed them. These shoes are absolutely adorable and come in a few different colors, but I really love the multi-color stripes. I definitely broke them in last month. 🙂
3. Vita Liberata Body Blur in Medium. I’ve really been loving the entire Vita Liberata system (it saved my pale skin before my cousins wedding!), but the body blur in particular has been a game changer for me. I’ve been mixing it with my foundation for an extra glow and even using it on my face solo. The color it’ll give you is beyond incredible – see it in action here! (The Vita Liberata products were gifted to me c/o the Preen.Me VIP program, but I totally fell in love with them!)
4. Ahh the “Take Me Higher” TOBI dress! I cannot even tell you how many times I’ve worn this in August…at least 8! It is so comfortable, so cute, and it’s currently 50% off! I’ll probably be wearing this year round, even if it’s just around the house or while I do my hair and makeup. 🙂 Find it here.
5. Bartaco. Oh my goodness, how I LOVE Bartaco! It’s hands down one of my favorite places to grab a quick bite. All of the Connecticut restaurants are absolutely adorable and the food never disappoints. They have the best staff, an amazing social media team, and they are so generous to bloggers. I was able to visit a couple of times in August and got to sample their latest Secret Taco (poached lobster, topped with warm hominy, and drizzled with brown butter – holy, YUM! And I’m not even a huge lobster girl!!) More Bartaco food porn to come…
6. Nefaire Spa. I had the most incredible facial at Nefaire in Westport last month and while I have a full recap coming to the blog soon, I couldn’t wait to shout them out! I’m really excited to share with you all of the truly unique services they offer and the wonders they worked on my skin!
7. DIY Beauty Treatments. Making my own masks, scrubs, lotions, etc. is something that I’ve always done, but I recently began sharing more online! I posted this Aspirin face mask on Instagram and YouTube last week, and have a yummy lip scrub coming soon – people seem to really enjoy them, and I’m glad because I do too. 🙂
8. One Hope Wine. I attended a really fun blogger event at The Dressing Room in Madison, CT earlier in August, and aside from the FABULOUS clothes they had (more on those soon!), Christina introduced us to One Hope Wine which is such an incredible company. By purchasing any of their bottles you’re instantly giving back. Learn more about them here and check out some of the gorgeous gift boxes you can have customized and shipped to friends, family members, co-workers, etc. for a special occasion! And the glitter bottles?! Yes please!
9. Primark Boyfriend Jeans. I’ve probably worn this denim one too many times last month, but I cannot get enough! I love to roll the bottoms and pair them with some simple flip flops, my white Converse, or a fun pair of heels! They’re ridiculously comfortable and my go-to lately. They’ve become one of the things in my closet that I’m terrified I’ll destroy/lose… I feel like I need a back up pair!
10. So I picked up In A Dark, Dark Wood, and Dark Places in August – but haven’t finished either (it was a busy month)!! I just got my hands on The Woman in Cabin 10 and jumped into it over the weekend. So far, SO good. I have a feeling that one will be my September fave! 🙂
11. Morgan Taylor “Woke Up This Way” hot pink polish. I mentioned that I was going to try and stretch my Summer manicures as long as possible and this electric fuchsia has definitely been helping me to do that! I’ve used this shade 3 times in August and WISH I was able to photograph it as beautifully as it wears. Get yourself a bottle here. 🙂 (The Morgan Taylor Selfie Summer Collection was gifted to me c/o the Preen.Me VIP program – but gf loves her polishes & has been digging some of these shades.)
I hope you enjoyed this post, I’ve come to really love these monthly recaps! I’m looking forward to September, it’s going to be another hectic, but fun month! We’ve got Fashion week, a few exciting collabs, one of my best friends weddings, some big things going on with my boyfriend and his music career, and it’s the start of fair & festival season! EEK!!
Here’s to all things Fall and some fun new content in the coming months. 🙂
What were you loving in August? Let me know below!