You guys, I am such a Maybelline junkie! I’ve used and loved their products for years.The Falsies Mascara is an all-time favorite, their FIT Me Foundation is a go-to, and most recently, their Total Temptation line has been on repeat. I’m always so excited to try the latest and greatest from Maybelline and when THIS product arrived at my door half of me was completely terrified to try, and the other couldn’t wait to bust it open!
So the Tattoo Studio Brow Gel is pretty new, it claims to give you up to 48 hours of perfect brows. Say whaat?! It’s essentially a tinted gel that comes in 4 colors …guaranteed to match any brow shade. It dries almost instantly and is supposedly smudge-proof. That was a lot to claim, so I obviously, I had to put it to the test!
Take a peek at my first impression and review of this product, and then scroll down to see if it actually lasted!
Okay so quick breakdown:
- Application? – Fairly easy …if you have the right tools! I used a small angled brush, but would probably opt for something even a little smaller the next time.
- Color match? – Spot on! Medium Brown was perfect for my coloring.
- Formula? – Kind of smells like paint, but the scent disappears. Easy to work with!
- Smudge-proof? – It definitely doesn’t budge! It passed the finger test and held it’s own all day long.
- Staying Power? – I’m pretty positive it all washed off at night. Maybe there was a hint of color leftover, but nothing significant. The product is removable with oil-based cleansers and since I use the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm at night, I think it did the job pretttty well. However, that’s not to say if you used water-based washes it wouldn’t last.
I’ve continued to use the gel since my first attempt, but have been outlining my brows with my favorite e.l.f. crayon, and then filling them in with this. That process seems to work much better for me.
Overall, this is a pretty cool product! Definitely great for those long days that you need to make your makeup last; as far as the 48 hour wear, I haven’t had such luck.
Have you guys seen this product on the market? Have you tried it yet?!