Happy Friday! I have been waiting to share this post with you! If you follow me on Instagram, you already had a little sneak peek 😉 …
I have always been a fan of Bob’s Stores. It seems like such a random place for women to shop since it’s kind of under the radar, but when I was younger, my Dad used to always shop at Bob’s and I loved going with him because 1) any opportunity to shop on a school night was so cool, 2) they have such a fun girls/juniors department, and 3) he usually treated me to some new clothes #bestdadever! I remember it was one of the first stores that gave me a plastic loyalty card (when you’re a kid, you know how exciting it is to have your own cards)! They sent me $10 every year on my birthday (and still do) so through the years, it’s just one of those places I love to pop into!
Many times I’ll get compliments on something I’m wearing and people are kind of shocked to hear it’s from Bob’s! If you’ve read my blog for a while and follow me on Instagram, lots of the items I tag are from their store! I’m telling you…hidden gems on hidden gems (and for crazy great deals too)!
So anyways! Last Friday, I was invited to Bob’s to participate in a $100 style challenge; I had to put together an entire look for less than $100. I was determined! I shared my in-store adventures and dressing room diaries on my Insta-story last Friday and you guys were able to follow along as we pulled the look together.
Your votes even helped me make a tough shoe decision… which was SO neck & neck.
I not only accomplished the mission, but got an outfit and a half…under budget! Today, I wanted to share the first look with you. 🙂
I LOVE this look! I debated what kind of outfit I wanted to put together and ultimately decided to just stay true to myself and go with something that I’d feel completely like me wearing. Something suitable for everyday, comfortable, cute, and representative of my low-key style.
So let’s break it down real quick:
- YES, those are the anti-muffin top jeans, and YES they really do disguise any baked goods hanging on the hips
- I was torn between this olive bomber and an olive utility jacket, but this one seemed to work better. I am so happy with it and have had it on repeat lately! I’m sure you’ll be seeing it around for a while. 😉
- From the moment I arrived, I was set on a graphic tee. Bob’s normally has a TON of cute t-shirts with fun logos, sayings, and images. With my luck, there were none this trip. The in-between season is tricky. But! I did find this cute Levi’s T and adore it. It has a great fit and worked perfectly here.
- The sneaks were the hardest part! I really loved the blush pair, but the black were better suited for this particular outfit.
So do you wanna hear the total?! Obviously, yes…this is always the best part. 😉
- JEANS: $29.99, on clearance $12.98
- T-SHIRT: $22.00, on sale $9.99
- JACKET: $24.99, on clearance $16.98
- SNEAKERS:$29.99, on clearance $14.98
Yes, that was only like… half the budget! With the leftover, I ended up bringing home the most gorgeous top (for full price at $34.99) that paired perfectly with the dark denim. If you followed my Insta-story you already got a peek, but for those who didn’t, stay tuned…it’s a must see. With the tax, the entire transaction was still only $95.62!
I have to admit, this was so fun and definitely my kind of challenge! It was a bit stressful, and there were a few setbacks… it’s hard when you have a vision in mind and it’s just not coming together, but we totally made something work and I am so digging the look.
I have to give a huge THANK YOU to Bob’s for hosting me last week and for comping these clothes. I had such a great time and hope we can do it again.
If you’ve never been to Bob’s or haven’t been to a Bob’s in a while…you must! You can shop on their site, but it’s always more fun to take advantage of all the great deals in store! 😉
Thanks so much for reading, I hope you all have a nice weekend!