I am a savory snack junkie – I’ll take something salty, spicy, and crunchy over soft and sweet any day! If you’re the same, you’ll want to keep reading.
Now that Fall has pretty much arrived, I’ve been spending some more time in the kitchen (thank goodness it’s clean)! 😉 Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks and over the weekend, I came across this recipe from yayforfood.com; I must have been having a really intense craving, because I immediately wanted to make these!
Roasted chickpeas are a great little snack to whip up because most times you have everything you need on hand (at least in this house). This recipe calls for only 5 ingredients…well two and three spices. Note: I did add two others and tweak the bake time a bit!
– 1 can chickpeas
– Olive oil
– Salt (I used Pink Himalayan)
– 2 tsp Paprika
– 2 tsp Cumin
– (optional) Black Pepper
– (optional) Garlic Power (I used garlic salt)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse and drain one can of chickpeas – pat dry and remove any loose skin
- Lay dry chickpeas on baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Drizzle chickpeas with olive oil, season with salt, and shake tray to coat
- Bake for 30 minutes (shaking tray every 10 minutes for even roasting)
- After 30 minutes, remove tray, add paprika, cumin, black pepper, and garlic powder
- Bake for 8 more minutes
- Eat warm or cooled. Store in an open container so they remain crisp.
These are so tasty and I seriously had to control myself from eating the entire batch in one sitting. If this flavor isn’t your cup of tea, Yay For Food has three others you can try. I want to experiment with some other flavors myself: ranch, parmesan, or black pepper/lime are calling my name next. Can’t wait to munch on these this week!
Have you ever made roasted chickpeas before? What’s your favorite flavor? Let me know if you decide to give these a try.
Have a great week! XOXO