I have a slight obsession with phone cases! I love to swap them out with my outfits & the seasons. About a month ago, I decided that I needed a new case for the Winter so I took to Etsy to browse for a fun new design & I found the perfect one – at least for a nailpolish addict me 😉
It took a whole month to get into my hands since it came from Singapore, but it finally arrived this week and I am IN LOVE:
I found both Chanel & YSL bottles for sale – such a difficult decision, I wish I could have gotten them all!
I was so glad that they let you select the style of the case! Here’s my little tip: I only buy the rubber cases vs. the hard plastic covers because I feel like they better protect the edges & corners of my iphone. I also feel that if I were to drop it, it would absorbs the shock much better than a hard cover would.
Anyways, I just wanted to share my fabulous find (and current obsession)! I’ll be happily rocking this cover for a quite bit 🙂
Do you like to change your phone case with the seasons too?
The time between Thanksgiving and New Years is truly magical. There’s something so heartwarming and pure about it.
I’m back home at my condo after spending a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with my family & per usual, I feel so calm & rejuvenated. I’m sitting in our living room – Christmas tree lit, yummy candles burning, hot cocoa in my hand and the only Will Ferrell movie I’ve ever enjoyed playing,…and I’m having one of those moments. One of those moments where you’re simply happy to be breathing.
Do you ever have one of those moments? They’re the best.
I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving – we all have a lot to be thankful for. I’m enjoying my last night of this mini-break relaxing & putting a fresh topcoat on my mani!
I’ve got a busy week ahead! I plan to enjoy these last few hours & go to bed with the intent of starting the week on a fresh & positive note. I hope you all do the same! 🙂XO
I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is only a week away! It seems like Halloween was just yesterday. Time is going by way too quickly – luckily, this is my favorite time of year and I cannot wait to indulge in all of the holiday traditions, recipes, movies, decorations & nail polishes 😉
Thanksgiving will be spent in New Jersey this year. My Aunt does an amazing job cooking for our large family. She takes so much pride in her recipes, place settings, centerpieces…literally everything! It makes the holiday extra special. I recently got our adorable invitation:
I LOVE that all of us “kids” are responsible for dessert…honestly, it’s really the only thing that I’m good at making anyways. I immediately knew what I wanted to bake this year & I thought that I would share the recipe here.
First off, have you ever seen a photo of something super delicious posted on Facebook with the complete recipe in the caption? Usually it’s been shared and “liked” by thousands of people. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but my friends & Aunts seem share them all of the time! There is never a link to a website or anything, it’s just all of the ingredients & instructions right there. Anyways, I like to screen shot & rename the files so I can make them at a later date.
About a year ago, I found a Peanut Butter cheesecake recipe and couldn’t wait to make it!
I whipped it up for my sisters birthday this past April, and loved it!
As a (borderline dangerous) chocolate/peanut butter lover – it was probably the most delicious dessert I’ve ever had – really, I still have dreams about it! It takes a bit of time to make and is very rich – not something you’d want to serve on the regular – so I decided that this Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to give it another go! (Plus, I know that everyone will have Apple/Pumpkin on the brain – so I figured I’d hit them with something different)!
I’m not going to make you take a screen shot of my blog, so I’ve typed up the recipe below (with a few alterations/changes that I recommend)! I hope you give it a try! Let me know how you like it 🙂
Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake
6 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups rice crispy cereal
1 (8ounce) package cream cheese – softened
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup frozen whipped topping – thawed (I used cool whip)
2 tablespoons hot fudge sauce for decor
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter for decor
Mini peanut butter cups for decor
1) In a medium, microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips in microwave for about 1 minute (or until melted). Stir together until combined. Add rice crispy cereal and stir well to coat.
2) Press coated cereal into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ spring form pan (I used an aluminum pie dish which worked fine). Place crust in the freezer to chill while you make the filling (about 10 minutes)
3) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sweetened condensed milk and 3/4 cup of peanut butter – mix until thoroughly combined.
4) Add the vanilla and lemon juice to filling. Mix until combined.
5) Gently fold in the whipped topping. Once folded – pour the filling into the prepared pie crust
6) Heat the 2 tbsp’s of fudge and peanut butter in two separate small bowls in the microwave for 20-30 seconds . Drizzle each over filling. (I used the Breyers Hot Fudge Topping that you microwave in its package & squeeze, but the peanut butter I spread with a fork)
7) Freeze for 4-6 hours or until pie is firm (I HIGHLY recommend freezing for longer – like, overnight. I made it about 8 hours before serving the first time & it was still far too mushy – however, the leftovers the next day were perfect!) Remove the cheesecake from the freezer for about 10 minutes before serving to make cutting easier.
8) Garnish with mini peanut butter cups. (I loved this part 🙂 )
As promised in my previous post, I mentioned that I would share my Halloween costumes! This year I made two 🙂 I celebrated at a fun, low-key, house party last Friday night then went out on Saturday with some friends for a late bar night. I’ve gathered a few of the dozens of pictures I had taken over Halloween weekend to share here. Take a peek below & enjoy!
NIGHT 1: Saved By the Bell – Kelly Kapowski
NIGHT 2: Rihanna. This costume was a tricky one! I really wanted to make it last year, but ran out of time. I still had some of the material so I decided to go for it this year! This is SOOOO not me, which is why it was so much fun 🙂
It was a really fun Halloween weekend! I got to be creative, dress up, spend time with my boyfriend and some of my favorite people, have a few drinks & dance :).
Wondering how I was feeling on Sunday?
I’m getting to old for this. Until next year, Halloween! For now, it’s back to my comfort zone of being a little homebody, baking, watching movies & laying low 🙂