Let me start by acknowledging my little announcement last night that I was going to boycott the Grammys …
…myself, and the rest of New England have literally been snowed in for 3 days now. I cannot tell you how many movies, re-runs, and mindless television I’ve watched – talk about stir crazy/cabin fever.
However, I couldn’t help but watch the live red carpet on E! It’s not that easy to opt out of all that fashion! I had so much fun blogging about the stars’ outfits last year … and who could forget that Louboutin Manicure?!
So, without further ado – let’s get to it. Here are my picks for the best dressed at the 2013 Grammy Awards:
Shaun Robinson: (waiting for confirmation on designer) Looking fabulous in purple!
Taylor Swift: J. Mendel. Wasn’t too crazy about her hair, but I loved the dress – she always kills it in JM!
Nazanin Mandi (Miguels’ Girlfriend): (waiting for confirmation on designer) I love when the stars have a significant other who is a red carpet star in their own right! Last year at the ACM’s it was Lacey Buchanan, Jake Owens then girlfriend, this year it was Miguels lady! Cute LBD & fun hair. She makes her man look good – hot hot hot!
J.Lo: Anthony Vaccarello. The woman is rock solid & looked amazing in this black gown!
Faith Hill: J. Mendel. There’s a lot of chatter about this dress, but I think she looked great! It fits her like a glove and the beading was so fun! Side note: did anyone else see the serious rock on her pinky finger!?
Kelly Rowland: Georges Chakra. More often than not I find Kelly Rowland on my list of best dressed. This black geometric, cutout number looks incredible on her!
Rihanna: Custom Azzedine Alaia. Rihanna is usually a total hit or a total miss – I have to say, what a pleasant surprise to see her so cute & cleaned up tonight! LOVE!
Those were some of my red carpet highlights! Unfortunately, I was disappointed with Carrie Underwood & Beyonce – they both looked great, but I think that they could of done something a little more fun! Maybe next year.
I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve loved the addition of the mani-cam to these awards shows. It might be more exciting to me than the red carpet itself! My Mom is too funny – I think that being the person who gets to man the mani-cam may be on my list of dream jobs. 😉
Who were some of your favorites on the 2013 Grammy Red Carpet?
It’s been a long while, and I have missed this. The last time I posted was the day before the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. The tragedy hit so close to home, literally…and I was so emotionally distraught afterwards that I felt I had nothing relevant, important or worthy to write about… so I decided to take a little break from blogging. Then came the holidays, and we all know how crazy that time of the year is. So here we are, January 2nd, and in a new year. I don’t know about you, but it feels really good to me.
2012 was a learning year for this girl – personally and professionally. I did a lot of thinking, changing and growing, and I am really pleased with where I am in this very moment. I feel more driven, confident, and inspired than ever before, and plan to carry that positive energy with me through 2013.
One of my 2012 New Years Resolutions was to start this blog. I must say it was one of the only resolutions that I saw through, and I am so proud of myself for doing so. My little blog has become a very special part of my life and somewhat of a therapeutic outlet. Aside from the joy it’s brought to me, I love that it has brought joy to others. This hobby of mine has allowed me to meet some incredible people, and get to know others on a more personal level. Whether they are old acquaintances, or classmates, new readers, or fellow bloggers – this little webpage right here has helped me connect with them all, and I am so grateful for that!
I wanted to take some time to share a few of my 2013 Resolutions with you. Sharing my goals with others holds me accountable, and who knows, maybe some of you have similar resolutions this year. Here we go:
1) Cut out the negative. People are always saying to cut the negative out of your life, but not many actually do so. This is something that has become first priority for me in the past few months, and I already feel like a new person. I cannot stress how important it is. Do not give anyone or anything the ability to bring you down. Don’t waste your time worrying about what others are doing, or thinking, or saying. Don’t compare yourself to somebody else. Don’t tell yourself that you’re not good enough, or that you can’t do something. Cut out negative people, influences, and thoughts. Let go! Be positive. All of the time.
2) Save money. This is always a goal of mine, but this year I have some bigger financial commitments looming and I want to stay on track. I am grateful to have not a dollar of debt, but it’s not easy. I pay cash for everything, and there are weeks where my bank account sees single digits, but it is worth it in the end. I’ve lived on a budget before and plan to set up a new budget over the next couple of weeks. (I think that might be a good post) 🙂
3) Give more time. To my family, to my friends, to strangers, to anyone who needs it. I feel that I made a good effort over the last year to spend more time with my loved ones, but there is always room for improvement. My entire life I’ve done a lot of volunteer work, I’m still technically a Girl Scout and have volunteered through council as recent as last year, my sorority in college was very involved on a local and national level, and my current job allows me to be involved in a number of organizations, but I want to make an effort to give more. Especially in light of recent tragedies, natural disasters, etc – there has been a lot of loss. I have so much, and it’s only right to give to those who don’t.
4) Pursue my passions. I started taking classes in September for something that I am extremely passionate about. I don’t want to share it just yet, but it is something that I plan to learn inside and out, master, and incorporate into my future. I’ve been itching to post about it, but I think I’m going to hold off a little while longer! Stay tuned – I’m really proud of this one 🙂
I am looking forward to 2013, a fresh year makes for a fresh start. Overrated or not, I think that it’s important to make some resolutions for yourself. There’s no time like the present.
Happy New Year everyone! XOXO
I would say that I have a slight addicition to YouTube. I find myself going on binges for hours watching the most random things. Sometimes, you come across some really moving people who put out videos that you can’t help but share – which brings me to this post! Below are some of my personal favorite YouTube videos from this week. I encourage you to watch them all, each is unique and special in it’s own way. Enjoy! XO
1) First up: My boyfriend, Michael Minelli. You may have seen me post some of his videos before, but he just released a new cover this week and it is truly phenomenal. I know that many people are loving Bruno Mars current single, Locked Out of Heaven, but give this one a shot- it has a fun twist to it! 🙂[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbFOKz0krZg%5D
2) This video is brought to you by the beautiful Noor Tagouri. I began following her on Twitter a while ago because I was intrigued by her intellect and ever-present drive. She is only 19 years old and one of the most inspiring individuals I’ve ever come across. I give Noor so much credit for putting herself out there in every way possible to achieve her dreams. I have a feeling we will all be seeing her on our television sets in the very near future! #LetNoorShine.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaThDiXoVSQ%5D
3) Google released this video yesterday – Zeitgeist 2012: Year In Review. What an incredibly moving piece! 2012 was a huge year for everyone, and I love the way that they were able to capture it all in a respectful & appropriate manner. There are so many featured highs and lows, but the overall message shines through and nearly brought me to tears (I’m a total sap to begin with, but still!)… it’s a must watch![youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY_MUB8adEQ%5D
What have you been watching on YouTube lately? Let me know!
Previous 1 2
Theme by BluChic | Customized by Designs by Virtual Bren
Unauthorized Use and/or Duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site's owner is strictly prohibited.