Anyone that knows me knows that I am a fanatic about my fingernails! I could honestly dedicate an entire blog site to manicures, products and tips, but that’d be unhealthy and I do enjoy other things in life as well. 😉
This morning on Twitter I got into a discussion about cuticle oil with a couple of my followers who had never used it before! I think that is such a crime; all women should know the many benefits they’d get from carrying this product and using it regularly.
If you don’t currently use cuticle oil read on…
1) Cuticle oil helps keep fingernails healthy and strong.
2) Oil will restore and prevent dry, peeling or cracked cuticles.
3) When cuticles are not nourished, it is difficult to push them back and many salons will clip them. When they’re clipped you are providing an entry point for bacteria and fungi (ew!)
4) Improves nail strength, appearance, flexibility and growth. In a brief amount of time, you’ll notice your nails will be growing quicker, and much stronger.
I am a devout cuticle oiler! I apply dozens of times per day (which is excessive- it is suggested 3x/day is more than enough). I carry three different brands in my purse, check them out below:
1) Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Crème:
This product reminds me of a lip balm. (Warning- it does not substitute as one! I tried once in desperate measure-ick!)
The Lemon Butter smells amazing, and overall it works well, I just don’t like having to get my fingers all sticky to apply it to my nails.
2) Sally Hanesn Vitamin E & Cuticle Oil
I really love this product! It works amazing and keeps your nails and cuticles nourished for quite a while. The only downside is that it is difficult to use when walking, in a car, or any place that you cannot set the bottle down. It’s also slightly embarrassing to use in public because it looks like you are painting your nails, but Lord knows I don’t care ;)…
3) Sephora Stimulating Lavender Cuticle Oil
This product is my absolute favorite! It is a little pricey, but if you are trying to transform your nails, I would highly recommend picking one up! It is so convenient; it is discrete and it works phenomenally. I leave one on my desk at work (in my pen jar) and I swear I use it all day long.
In all honesty, any of these products will get the job done-I just have my favorites.
After I oil my cuticles I apply the Vaseline Healthy Hand & Nail Lotion which can be found at any drugstore, Walmart, CVS, etc.
No matter what product you choose to use, use something. Especially during these winter months. I promise you, you will notice a difference in your nails. 🙂
If you know of a must-have cuticle product tell me about it in the comments below!