This past Saturday, my sister + I had the opportunity to go to BeautyCon in New York City! Neither of us had ever been before, but since it was right in our backyard, we jumped at the chance to attend. It was quite the experience – so many people, so many YouTubers, bloggers + celebrities, lots of freebies, great panels, and a ton of new products + beauty apps to try! I don’t feel the need to share a full play-by-play of the day, but I wanted to share some of the fun pictures that we snapped!
I am very excited about this post, and if you are a Gelish fanatic like me, you will be to! I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to connect with the lovely Irene Chao, a seasoned beauty industry expert working in the PR department at Hand & Nail Harmony (ahh-such a dream job)! She was truly the sweetest woman; so friendly, and excited to talk with me. I asked if she’d be interested in answering some questions for my blog and she was more than willing to participate. Check out the brief interview below!
1) Can you give us a brief introduction about who you are, how long you’ve been working at Gelish, and a little bit about your job?
My name is Irene and I’ve been at Gelish for a little over a month now, but my background is in the beauty industry. I previously spent 6 years working in the PR department at another beauty manufacturer in southern California.
2) I know why I love Gelish products, but what do you think sets the line apart from competing gel polish brands (ex: Shellac, OPI Axxium, etc.)?
A lot of people might not know this, but Gelish is the first brush-in bottle gel polish ever invented! The US and International patent-pending formulation proves that fact. Gelish offers up many unique colors including glitters and neons. We currently have 106 Gelish colors in total! This is the most offered by any gel-polish company out there.
3) What is the most popular Gelish product? What is the most popular Gelish color?
Some of our most popular colors include Gelish Sheek White, which is great on its own; but it’s also perfect for nail art .
Gelish Good Gossip is also very popular, because really…who can say no to glittery-red gel polish?
Gelish Gossip Girl is a fun, bright pink that is also very popular. The most popular Gelish product is actually Gelish NOURISH, which is a cuticle oil that rehydrates and restores essential oils in cuticles and skin surrounding the nail. It smells amazing and works like a charm!
4) Is Gelish going to be releasing any new polishes in the near future? Maybe a Fall collection? If so, what can we expect?
Yes…There will be a new collection for Fall, so be on the lookout for that! There will be 8, brand new fall-inspired colors that will compliment any wardrobe!
5) I work in PR, and it would be my dream to work for a major nail polish company one day. What is it like working for Gelish? Do you enjoy daily, desk-side manicures? 😉
Unfortunately there’s not much time for desk-side manicures, but I’m so grateful for the opportunity to work for such an amazing company. The people here are wonderful and I truly believe in the product. It doesn’t get any better than this!
I learned so much about Gelish from Irene! I didn’t realize that they were the first brush-in-bottle polish, or that they even sold a cuticle oil (you all know how much I love my cuticle oil); Irene offered to send me a bottle and I honestly cannot wait to try it! I’m also dying to see this Fall collection!
It must be so fun working with nail polish behind the scenes-what an amazing job! Sending major thanks to Irene for talking with me- it was a pleasure!
Have you tried any of the Gelish polishes or products? Let me know your favorites! 🙂
Is there a quick beauty trick that you MUST do before you leave the house? An extra spritz of hairspray, some smoothing serum, a quick floss of your teeth? I have one that is a complete necessity …brushing and shaping my eyebrows!
It is so quick and easy, requires the purchase of nothing and will completely polish your look.
1) Grab a clean mascara brush- you can find these on display at nearly every beauty store. There are usually bunches of them available for customers to use for testing mascaras. Whenever I pop into Sephora I always grab a couple to bring home (I hope that doesn’t count as stealing..it’s like a sample!)
2) Place the tip of the brush close to the nozzle of your hairspray and spritz a small amount onto the tip.
3) Brush your eyebrows from the center of your face out. Be sure the path of the brush is drawn to enhance your natural arch.
(Be sure to run the brush under hot water when you’re done, otherwise the hairspray will build up and harden)
And voila! I am so nutty about doing my brows in the morning that I carry an extra brush and pocket sized hairspray in my purse just in case I forget!
Do you have a daily beauty-must? Share it in the comments below 🙂