I am so excited – for a few reasons! Last year, my parents bought me this wonderful Canon camera, and for a while it worked just perfectly! One day it began giving me strange error messages & stopped shooting. Getting it fixed has been on my eternal to-do list for months &this past weekend I finally decided to ship it out to be repaired. I got all of the equipment together to bring to the post office and to my surprise, while test shooting – it worked! So, for now, my baby is back in action 🙂
With it’s miraculous recovery came another bit of exciting news … on my camera were quite a few photos from the past year! I wanted to share some of them here.
I’m so glad that I was able to get all of my pictures, especially the dozens on dozens from our vacation to the Cayman Islands! I can’t wait to print them.
I also cannot wait to start using my camera for this little blog of mine 🙂
There’s no better way to beat the New England cold than to escape somewhere warm. I’m heading to the Cayman Islands for a nice little vacation, and I couldn’t be anymore excited! While writing a packing list, I realized there are some things that I couldn’t imagine being on the beach without:
1) Fun, printed bikinis. Bright colors, of course!
2) IPad -it’s perfect when you’re unable to use your cell, and much easier than toting your laptop around!
3) Big sunglasses – need I explain more?
4) A good beach read. I’m currently in the middle of Safe Haven, I want to finish it before I see the movie.
5) Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Lotion. I love the gold shimmer in this one.
6) Floppy hat – love these when I’m laying out.
7) Gold flip flops – they’re perfect for the beach & going out at night.
8) A fun manicure! I’ll probably go with a Gelish polish so that it’ll last my whole vacation, but I’m not sure which color just yet – something bright!
9) A beach cover up. These are essential – perfect for when you want to get up and grab lunch, take a walk, or need to cover your skin.
I cannot wait to get away, I am really looking forward to soaking up some sun! These are just a few of my must-haves, is there anything else that I should throw in my beach bag?
Did January literally fly by, or was that just me?
I’ve been up to a LOT & am trying to recap everything in a few different posts. Naturally, my first one is dedicated to my favorite topic – nails! I’ve had a few January manicures that I wanted to share –
1) Sally Hansen – Shell We Dance. I rang in 2013 with this color! It’s an all time favorite, and I was craving something neutral after my dark and dramatic holiday nails. This fit the bill perfectly.
2- Zoya -Loredana. This is a matte polish, however, I used a clear topcoat since I knew that my cuticle oil would destroy the matte film. This was such a fun color!
3- Gelish – Sugar Daddy. Sometimes you just crave BLUE! I swear, every few months I really want blue nails. I got so many compliments on this manicure. Sugar Daddy is one of my favorite blue hues!
4- Forever 21. I happen to love Forever 21 nail polishes (even if they don’t have names lol)! They’re cheap, wear pretty well & have an endless variety of colors. Whenever I have the urge to cut all of my nails off – red is my go to polish of choice!
5- Gelish – Night Reflection. LOVED this color. I cut my nails even shorter before this manicure, but I wore this polish longer than any of the others. The eggplant shade is a Winter favorite.
6- Gelish – Double Shot Espresso. I’m currently wearing this polish…going on day 6 and my nails still look flawless! I wanted something dark, but not black…or purple…or blue. So this brown was perfect. It reminds me of Sweet Chocolate, minus the shimmer! I’m hoping this one lasts me a while!
I am going to the Cayman Islands in a couple of weeks…
…and I plan to do a really fun bright pink/orange/yellow/green manicure before I leave! I haven’t decided, but I’m looking forward to something a little more upbeat. I’m thinking Gelish Tiki Tiki Laranga or Shake it til you Samba!