I have really enjoyed sharing my monthly favorites with you all this year. In January when I decided to commit to these posts, I was pretty sure I could stick to it, but hey…sometimes things don’t go as planned. Luckily this time, they did! Instead of ending the year with my December favorites, I thought it might be more interesting to round up the best of the best from 2017!
Is there one person whether it be a friend, family member, celebrity, or influencer who’s style you completely adore? Today, I’m chatting about my style icon, how she’s influenced me over the years, and why this dress reminds me of her.
Another awards show has come and gone, and boy was it an interesting one.
We watched at our apartment and filled up on far too many finger foods! (I was on a roll in the kitchen yesterday!)
We all got our tweeting fingers ready and settled in for the pre-show (obviously the best part ;))
Let’s start with the red carpet- the good, the bad, and the ugly! We’ll get the bad out of the way…and let me be clear…it was quite difficult to narrow it down.
1) I love Nicki Minaj- it’s hard not to love her. But between this sac-religious mockery, and her on stage exorcism…I just don’t get. But I guess that’s what makes her Nicki! *Sigh*
2) Who even is this? Her ploy to get me to google her didn’t work.
3) Fergie deemed this dress the “safe” choice. Honestly, if she had cute little black underwear on as opposed to the control top spanx, it would have saved the dress.
On to my faves!
4) I’ve got to give props to Giuliana, she’s not even an artist, but she might as well have been! This skinny mini always looks adorable, but I LOVED her LBD and gold belt last night- a nice little ode to the Grammys 😉 She’s so cute!
5) Kelly Rowland looked STUNNING. She’s so talented, classy, and professional- this completely exudes that.
I couldn’t help but notice her hair was very Jessica Simpson-esque circa 2005 (@ the MTV Movie Awards).
6) And then there was Carrie Underwood- this woman is so perfectly beautiful, talented, and absolutely phenomenal that she can do no wrong. Out of all the high neck-long sleeved dresses last night, she is the only one that I think was able to pull it off flawlessly!
As for the show, I think that Jennifer Hudson did such an amazing job with her Whitney Tribute! However, I couldn’t help waiting for her double, wearing white, to come out and sing next to her. I’ve been brainwashed by weight watchers!
Taylor Swift is my girl, she did her thing with Mean!
And of course Adele was the big winner, every time she got to the mic she reminded me of Bridget Jones lol- she was cute, she deserved all that she got! (AND she had a Louboutin mani! LOVEEE!)
Rihanna’s performance was fun, but I officially prefer my boyfriends version of “We Found Love” over the original! Check it out 🙂