Like most girls, I’ve fallen down the black hole of Amazon. It has saved me with sundresses, swimsuits, and last minute gifts more times than I can count this Summer. On Monday, I realized I had a super busy week ahead and no time to shop for a dress before we left for California on Friday for a wedding ….so I decided to let go, and let PRIME!(more…)
If you asked me what my favorite “date night” or “night” in general would consist of…it would involve a pair of sweatpants, a down pillow & fuzzy blanket, an impressive variety of sweet & salty snacks, and a Netflix binge. If you asked me what my second favorite kind of night would be, it’d probably involve an early dinner somewhere yummy (1 drink, 1 app, 1 meal, 1 dessert) and a cute outfit that reminds me that I’m a woman and that it’s fun to dress up once in a while. 🙂
This dress is hands down one of my favorite purchases of the Spring! You may remember it (and the booties too) from this post a few months back. I’m so glad I was finally able to wear both pieces; I LOVE them together! By the looks, you’d think that dress had a tight and uncomfortable fit, but believe it or not, it could not be any softer, stretchier, or more comfy if it tried! I definitely felt some Audrey Hepburn meets Kim K vibes in this outfit, but I think the combo works for 2017! 😉
Another awards show has come and gone, and boy was it an interesting one.
We watched at our apartment and filled up on far too many finger foods! (I was on a roll in the kitchen yesterday!)
We all got our tweeting fingers ready and settled in for the pre-show (obviously the best part ;))
Let’s start with the red carpet- the good, the bad, and the ugly! We’ll get the bad out of the way…and let me be clear…it was quite difficult to narrow it down.
1) I love Nicki Minaj- it’s hard not to love her. But between this sac-religious mockery, and her on stage exorcism…I just don’t get. But I guess that’s what makes her Nicki! *Sigh*
2) Who even is this? Her ploy to get me to google her didn’t work.
3) Fergie deemed this dress the “safe” choice. Honestly, if she had cute little black underwear on as opposed to the control top spanx, it would have saved the dress.
On to my faves!
4) I’ve got to give props to Giuliana, she’s not even an artist, but she might as well have been! This skinny mini always looks adorable, but I LOVED her LBD and gold belt last night- a nice little ode to the Grammys 😉 She’s so cute!
5) Kelly Rowland looked STUNNING. She’s so talented, classy, and professional- this completely exudes that.
I couldn’t help but notice her hair was very Jessica Simpson-esque circa 2005 (@ the MTV Movie Awards).
6) And then there was Carrie Underwood- this woman is so perfectly beautiful, talented, and absolutely phenomenal that she can do no wrong. Out of all the high neck-long sleeved dresses last night, she is the only one that I think was able to pull it off flawlessly!
As for the show, I think that Jennifer Hudson did such an amazing job with her Whitney Tribute! However, I couldn’t help waiting for her double, wearing white, to come out and sing next to her. I’ve been brainwashed by weight watchers!
Taylor Swift is my girl, she did her thing with Mean!
And of course Adele was the big winner, every time she got to the mic she reminded me of Bridget Jones lol- she was cute, she deserved all that she got! (AND she had a Louboutin mani! LOVEEE!)
Rihanna’s performance was fun, but I officially prefer my boyfriends version of “We Found Love” over the original! Check it out 🙂
What were your Grammy highlights?