The night before we left for the Bahamas, I gave my Mom and myself gel manicures so our nails would be chip free and shiny the entire week we were away.
We both wanted a bright, tropical pink shade, so I got out my OPI Axxium Pinks & Pales starter kit…
They have a really amazing shade called “Strawberry Margarita”…
This particular color painted on pretty sheer, so I ended up using 3 coats…which made my nails super thick. I took a couple of pictures (polish photographs are so odd, you’ll notice it looks like two completely different colors)!
The mani lasted flawlessly all week, but once we got home, I was slightly impatient (as usual) and wanted a fresh manicure. I decided to give my nails a break from gel for a bit, and went with my all time favorite polish- Sally Hansen’s “Shall We Dance”
When using regular nail polish I refuse to use anything other than a quick dry top coat- so I picked up a new bottle of the best…
Three days in and my nails are holding up! They’re still shiny, and luckily no chips or breaks (keeping my fingers crossed)! Every 2-3 days I’ll continue to add another top coat. 🙂
Do you like to mix up your polish colors for a vacation? Reds and orange’s are some other vaca favorites, what are yours?
During the Grammys last night, I tweeted how much I LOVED that Adele showed up with a Louboutin manicure! A bunch of people tweeted me back asking what exactly that was, so here’s a quick 101:
Traditionally, it’s a black polish on top, and a red polish under the nail…resembling a Louboutin shoe!
Adele had a silver polish on top of her nails with the red polish underneath to match her Louboutin shoes –>
I’ve had the Louboutin mani on my radar for a while, but have yet to try one since I’ve been on a gel-kick. I can’t imagine the red bottom would last very long, but for a night out I think it’s an amazing look! 🙂
Another awards show has come and gone, and boy was it an interesting one.
We watched at our apartment and filled up on far too many finger foods! (I was on a roll in the kitchen yesterday!)
We all got our tweeting fingers ready and settled in for the pre-show (obviously the best part ;))
Let’s start with the red carpet- the good, the bad, and the ugly! We’ll get the bad out of the way…and let me be clear…it was quite difficult to narrow it down.
1) I love Nicki Minaj- it’s hard not to love her. But between this sac-religious mockery, and her on stage exorcism…I just don’t get. But I guess that’s what makes her Nicki! *Sigh*
2) Who even is this? Her ploy to get me to google her didn’t work.
3) Fergie deemed this dress the “safe” choice. Honestly, if she had cute little black underwear on as opposed to the control top spanx, it would have saved the dress.
On to my faves!
4) I’ve got to give props to Giuliana, she’s not even an artist, but she might as well have been! This skinny mini always looks adorable, but I LOVED her LBD and gold belt last night- a nice little ode to the Grammys 😉 She’s so cute!
5) Kelly Rowland looked STUNNING. She’s so talented, classy, and professional- this completely exudes that.
I couldn’t help but notice her hair was very Jessica Simpson-esque circa 2005 (@ the MTV Movie Awards).
6) And then there was Carrie Underwood- this woman is so perfectly beautiful, talented, and absolutely phenomenal that she can do no wrong. Out of all the high neck-long sleeved dresses last night, she is the only one that I think was able to pull it off flawlessly!
As for the show, I think that Jennifer Hudson did such an amazing job with her Whitney Tribute! However, I couldn’t help waiting for her double, wearing white, to come out and sing next to her. I’ve been brainwashed by weight watchers!
Taylor Swift is my girl, she did her thing with Mean!
And of course Adele was the big winner, every time she got to the mic she reminded me of Bridget Jones lol- she was cute, she deserved all that she got! (AND she had a Louboutin mani! LOVEEE!)
Rihanna’s performance was fun, but I officially prefer my boyfriends version of “We Found Love” over the original! Check it out 🙂