For those who struggle to wear high heels with ease…this post is for you!
Let’s be real, heels can be downright painful (unless they’re Comfort Plus…I swear, those shoes are actually magic). Unfortunately, they only make them with a shorter heel, which isn’t necessarily ideal for a wedding, special event, or night out for us younger ladies (…come on Payless, I know you can make the higher heel happen!!) 😉
When I know I’m going to be wearing a higher more uncomfortable heel, there are a few things I do to make the experience as painless as possible! Take a peek. 🙂
- Bigger is better. I buy heels that are 1/2 or 1 full size bigger. I promise, your feet will be very grateful to be in shoes with a little extra wiggle room!
- Insert the inserts! To fill the extra space in your shoes, add some inserts! The balls of my feet and the back of my ankles are usually trigger spots. Gel or cushion inserts work great!
- Opt for the platform. A lot of women are scared of heels with a platform since they do add a little extra height. Don’t be! They reduce the harsh incline that your foot is subjected to in non-platformed pumps!
- Stuff ’em to stretch ’em! I have wider feet, so unless a shoe is marked W, they can be a little snug on me. I like to take a pair of fuzzy socks & stuff them into the toe of the shoe to help stretch it a bit. Depending on the material, you can hit it with a blow dryer too!
- Testing! Testing! If you plan to wear a brand new pair of shoes to an event, try wearing them a couple weeks in advance first! See how they work with your feet & what you might need to do to adjust them. If they give you the worst experience of your life & there’s no fixing them …better to know now!
- Wait before wearing! I like to wait until the last possible moment before putting my heels on for an event, because once they’re on…they do not come off. I usually pop them on as soon as I get out of the car.
- Bring back up! You know how people usually start to go barefoot at the end of a wedding or party? Yeah, not me lol. I cannot bring myself to do that. The sticky floors, the heels on other women…too much grossness & potential danger! I usually pack a slim pair of flip flips in my bag/clutch that I can resort to if my feet are DONE at the end of the night.
Those are just a few of my little tricks that usually always work! 🙂 What are some of your heel hacks!? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!
Great post, I also hate going barefoot in public places, I’d rather stick it out with the heels. 🙂
Thank girlie! I cringe when people are walking barefoot outside of the home. Eeeek idk, something about it totally skeeves me lol.
Great Post! As always Girl!
Hugz, Miss B💋
Thank you beautiful!! I appreciate you reading!! 🙂 XO
Your Welcome Dear! It’s a pleasure 😀💋
These are all such helpful tips! Thanks for sharing. @formemagazine
Yay!! So glad that you enjoyed, thank you guys for reading! XOXO 🙂
These are amazing girl!! I never wear heals because:
1.) I am totally clumsy and stumble all over the place (my balance in heels = 0). I totally look like a drunk and I rarely ever drink haha!
2.) They kill my feet and I always get blisters haha
These tips are the best. I LOVE all your heels too! I never thought about buying shoes that were a bit bigger and using inserts. I am so going to try that!! Maybe, just maybe I will be able to wear heels now! Now do you have tips for balance/not following over? HAHA!
Aw thanks love!! I’ve had my fair share of high-heel struggles too! Shoes that are slightly bigger really do help. As for the balancing LOL….practice!! And keep the alcohol to a minimum! 😉 XO
Haha!!! Too funny!
All great ideas. Still loving your brown everything heels. 🙂 As a teenager I wore regular heels, but as an adult the heels must be platforms or nothing at all. Come to think of it I haven’t worn anything but running shoes in 9 years lol I have big plans this fall. 😉 I was getting my littlest shoes today and they had the absolute CUTEST platform wedges in tan, with an open toe in her size! I didn’t get them for her because she isn’t even quite 4, but if they would have had them in my size…. oh yeah. 🙂
Hahaha!! Sometimes kids shoes are the cutest!! Ugh those brown heels have a been a favorite this Summer, they’re only $19 online right now, I’ve been meaning to order the black pair! And yes, platforms are the way to go!! I can’t wait to see what you’ve got up your sleeve this Fall!!! 😉 XOXO
I am all about the inserts in my heels. Any time I wear my Loubs, I have to prep them with wearing fuzzy socks otherwise I will be in serious pain in about 5 minutes. I am totally that girl that will wear heels around the house with my pjs because I’m trying to break them in. At least I’m not the only one! I need to get better about bringing back up. Usually I suck it up and keep them on or I end up barefoot.
Aww, so lucky you’ve got some Loubs! Although, I have heard nothing but terrible things about them in terms of comfort lol! At least you’ve got your routine — thats a good idea to wear them WITH socks beforehand! I’ll have to try that next time I want to break a new pair in! 🙂
What you heard was right, they are killer!
I am totally the same way… I only wear heels if I HAVE to!!!! My husband is “maybe” 2 inches taller than me which is an excuse NOT to wear them lol – Platforms/Wedges are always my go to for heels 🙂
LOL! I hear you! My boyfriend isn’t terribly tall either! Ugh wedges are the best!! And for some reason boots/booties don’t bother my feet at all!! It’s just the pumps. Grr.
I absolutely love your tips! I like wearing heels but if they are on any longer than an hour I start to feel miserable. Will definitely be checking out some gel inserts because I have a conference tomorrow that I have to wear heels all day! UGH! Thanks for the tips girl!
Aw, I completely understand the struggle! I love the Dr. Scholls gel inserts for under the balls of my feet -they help a lot! Good luck girlie!! Thanks for reading! 🙂 XO
Great post! I LOVE my comfort plus heels, but can’t wait to try these tips on those nights the higher heels are needed!!
Aren’t the Comfort Plus heels the best?! They have gotttt to get on a higher heel ASAP! Until then, there are definitely ways to make the higher heels more tolerable LOL. Thanks for reading girl! XO 🙂
I will have to look into getting these inserts. Thanks for the tips!
Of course! For the balls of my feet, I loveee the Dr. Scholls gel inserts! 🙂 Good luck!!
It’s as if you wrote this post specifically aimed at me! I am terrible with heels, seriously I am a total klutz and me walking around in heels is probably not safe for anyone remotely close to my general vicinity! However, I always loved heels and wished they could be more comfortable. I didn’t really think about buying them in a size too big; and this really does make sense so I might just give it a try next time I take the plunge and buy myself a new pair.
Thanks for these helpful tips!
Nihaad – Read & Seek
Hahaha aw!! You’re too funny!! There’s no doubt about it, there are certainly hundreds of shoes more comfortable than heels, BUT there are ways to make them much more bearable. The size up thing is huge! They really don’t even feel that much larger, but it makes a big difference!! I hope you give a few of these a try & have better luck next time you pop on a pair!! Thanks for reading girlfriend, I appreciate it! XOXO
I adored ALL of the heels in this post! Ha, ha. So cute!!!
I haven’t worn heels in awhile now (since I’m a mom and always chasing after a toddler), so this makes me want to pull out a pair and enjoy a night out with the hubby. 🙂 I LOVE heels!
And oh my goodness, Comfort Plus totally are made of magic!
Thank you!! I really don’t wear them very often, but it is fun to pull out a high pair once in a while! 🙂 And YES! The Comfort Plus heels are amazing!!! I wish they’d come out with more colors/patterns…and add an inch or so!! Hopefully one day 🙂 Thanks for reading love! XO
Awesome post girl!!! Some great tips in here, I do a lot of the same things as you do. I bring backup to almost every wedding. 🙂