The internet can be a bit deceptive – things aren’t always exactly as they appear…
Like the fact that I’m quite short LOL. I don’t think I’ve ever disclosed my height, but I’m a cool 61″, I just break the 5 foot mark and overall, I really don’t mind…Little Ladies can be Big Bosses too! (Scroll to the end for deets on this shirt)!
Growing up, I LOVED being small, I thought it was so cool to be short! While I still embrace my height today, there are some times that I wish I had another inch or two. Alongside the petite perks, there are also a few pains. Shorter isn’t necessary easier, but I do have a few hacks for shopping and dressing a petite frame that usually work in the favor of the ladies’ below the 5′ 4″ mark!
Take a look! 🙂
- PURCHASE PETITE. It took me years to finally venture into the petite departments and boy, I had been missing out! Nothing was too long, sleeves stopped where they were supposed to, and overall, everything just fit. The first mistake short ladies make when shopping for staple pieces is not browsing the petite selections. A few stores with wonderful petite departments are Banana Republic, J. Crew, Kohls, and LOFT.
Shopping petite can be tricky, and not all retailers have that selection available, so I tend to favor sites that have style galleries which allow previous customers to upload their own photos wearing the pieces; it really helps seeing different items on different body shapes, heights, and sizes! 🙂
- NOT KIDDING AROUND. A true perk of being on the smaller side is being able to shop kids clothes…especially shoes! Many times women’s XS or S sizes are compatible or even larger than L or XL girls sizes (this works great with sweaters & skirts)! If you have something in mind, venturing into the kids department is totally worth it. BONUS: you usually end up saving a little extra $$ too. 🙂
- LENGTHEN THE LEGS. I have a pretty short torso, but even shorter legs. To prevent looking too short or stumpy, I like to try and elongate my legs whenever possible. You can do this simply by opting for the right shoe! When your legs or ankles are exposed, a nude heel will help give the illusion of a longer leg. When wearing tights, choosing a shoe that matches them gives the same effect!
- INVISIBLE HEELS. I received these in a swag bag and thought they were the most genius thing EVER! They’re essentially a heel insert that you can pop into any shoe (that has room) for an extra 1.5″ of height! Genius! These would be great for any shorter guys who’d like a little lift as well! Find them here.
- WORK THE WAIST. High waisted pants, high waisted skirts, high waisted anything! Lifting the top of your waistline helps to elongate your legs! For girls with shorter legs, this is a great move!
No matter what your height, shape, or size is…own it, love it, and appreciate it! It’s fun to explore your style and try new things, but at the end of the day, there are no “rules”…. of course we all want to look good, but it’s all about feeling good. I swear, people who feel good always look the best. XO
Shout out to my friends at Olivia Rose for this #LadyBoss shirt! It’s so comfy & definitely a must have for all the fellow Lady Bosses out there. Get yours ASAP…she has sizes Small through 2XL! I’m wearing a S for reference.
I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week!!