Valentine’s Day is a few weeks away and while many opt to skip the “Hallmark holiday”… I love recognizing it! How can you be mad about a day that promotes the celebration of love?
I’m teaming up with my friends at Michaels Jewelers to share a few sweet & sparkly pieces that’ll perfectly accessorize your Valentine’s day or evening look. And before I forget, there is some really exciting news on their end… Michaels has officially launched a brand new website & eStore!
You can now shop ALL of these pieces (and other Valentine’s Day gifts) at michaelsjewelers.com! Enjoy free shipping on orders over $100+ (or shop online & pickup in-store at one of their 10 Connecticut locations). And right now, take 10% off your purchase with the code BELLA10 (valid 1/21/19-2/14/19 at michaelsjewelers.com. Exclusions may apply)
Throughout this post, I want to chat a little bit about dating, relationships, and love… and some of the best advice I’ve ever received. To keep it fun, I also summoned you guys to help me out! I asked for the best advice that was ever given to you and you all delivered. Be sure to read until the end for a complete round up!
I am all about the small, dainty necklaces and I couldn’t help but layer the Mini Heart Necklace ($99) & the Pave Diamond Heart Pendant ($460). The set of Stackable Diamond Bands ($995) look gorgeous both together and individually, while the Diamond V Earrings ($370) add some unique, visual interest to the ears. This off the shoulder sweater (wearing a M) and pink pumps are both still available – can’t get enough of either.
So when it comes to relationships & dating, my Mom loves to say that it should be easy. Naturally, nothing is perfect, but life is hard as it is (and it’s only going to get more difficult), so spending time with someone that’s not adding to that stress, but helping keep life fun is important. You want a partner & a teammate, someone to do life with. I always loved that advice. 🙂
One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned on my own is how important it is to trust our gut. Deep down I think we all know when something feels right or wrong.
This dress, these shoes, and this coat are all from last season, but I’m linking similar ones here, here, and here. The Diamond Heart pendant ($449) is one of my favorite pieces in this post, the Stackable Diamond Bands ($995) transition flawlessly from day to night, and the Diamond Cluster Earrings ($3,150) complete the look!
So my favorite relationship advice was from my best friend. It was a few years ago, and I don’t even think she realized how much her words resonated with me. We were casually chatting, and she said… “it doesn’t matter how great someone can make you feel, it matters how they make you feel every single day”. And holy moly, at that time, it was something that I needed to hear.
We often tell ourselves “we’ll be happy if/when XYZ happens” but life is about the day to day, the right now. If you’re not feeling good most days, something isn’t right.
It’s something that always stuck with me. 🙂 Here are some of the things that have stuck with you…
- Fall in love with yourself first (this was the most popular response, and I happen to agree). 🙂
- When something seems like a big deal, ask yourself if it will matter in 5 years. If not, let it go.
- Kindness matters, choose someone who is kind to you, animals, and the elderly.
- Take time to learn about yourself so you know what you want and more importantly, what you don’t want.
- The way others do things are “not wrong, just different” …from “Love and Respect” about men and women’s thinking processes.
- There’s a difference between loving the idea of someone and loving who they actually are.
- You know when you know.
- Never go to bed angry. We got this advice from tip jar in our wedding and I swear by it.
- Keep God at the center of your relationship and always pray. For each other and together.
- Silence is an answer. And it’s a loud one.
- You only accept the love you think you deserve. Stuck with me forever!!
- Never stop trying.
- Always respect each other and plan fun date nights!
- Treat your spouse like your own flesh and blood. Makes you look at things differently.
- Must read Gary Chapman “The 5 Love Languages” helped my marriage out big time.
- Never keep score!
- Even after 12 years of marriage I always look good for my man. Don’t let yourself go.
- Don’t forget to celebrate the qualities of the other person you love the most!
- Every once in a while let him think he’s right. Ha! Jk.
- If you ever feel like you’re trying too hard, you aren’t being yourself ..and it becomes manipulation.
- If it’s on and off it will never be healthy.
- Guys who talk about getting married don’t want to get married. Guys who want to get married, get married.
- If he’s not contacting you, he doesn’t want to.
- There’s no formula for finding love.
- You’re not the exception, you’re the rule. HJNTIY
- Don’t date anyone who doesn’t encourage your dreams.
- Be honest when the rest of the world is lying.
- Don’t twist someones arm or force them into marrying you. The results will be devastating.
- Stay single.
- Tell people straight up when you’re not interested to save you both time.
- Love is an act, not a feeling. Falling out of love isn’t a reason for divorce.
- Don’t date a guy who won’t defend you.
- People tend to remember the negative things you share about a partner so keep that in mind when complaining. Always complaining can paint them in a bad light and that’s not fair to them.
- A private relationship does not equal secret! Keeping most things to yourself (especially issues) can be a good thing, but it’s a red flag if you or your partner can’t/won’t share the relationship at all
- Marriage (or relationships in general) doesn’t just take work…it also takes fun! Gotta make time for fun!
…and to finish the list…
- Don’t take anyone’s advice
I wanted to end the list with that suggestion because it’s very true! You know your heart, your self, and your relationship better than anyone. While others may provide you with some helpful guidance, you will always know what is best for you (even if you’re not doing it… you still know). Just trust yourself, listen to the voice in your head, and you’ll appreciate that honesty later on.
Thank you to Michaels Jewelers for sponsoring this post — be sure to make your way over to their website to shop all of these beautiful pieces! And don’t forget to take advantage of FREE shipping on orders over $100 AND 10% off with code BELLA10.
I hope you all have a beautiful Valentine’s Day, any fun plans? Leave your best advice in the comments below! 😉