Thanksgiving is almost here + I cannot wait!! I haven’t seen my extended family in months [which is so unusual]! My Aunt is an incredible cook + always makes the most delicious Thanksgiving meal. 🙂 I’m already dreaming about turkey, side dishes, and the millions of desserts I intend to inhale. Before diving head first into my plate, I want to take a little time to do something good for my body.
For those who like to indulge during the holiday season, I’m inviting you to try this little prep activity with me.
I wouldn’t say that I lead an unhealthy life, but I know that I could be *much* healthier on a daily basis. For the next seven days, I wanted to make small, attainable goals that I know would leave my body feeling refreshed and ready for the holiday. Don’t run away just yet! This is not a diet, or a cleanse, or some hardcore exercise challenge, it’s just a little bit of habit adjusting.
My super fit roommate helped me come up with 5 simple, daily tasks to complete this week.
1. Drink more water. Most days, I know that I don’t drink enough. To make it easy, I picked up a 24 pack of water bottles and the goal is to finish the entire thing before Thanksgiving. That’s 3 bottles a day…with 3 extra’s to distribute through the week. If you can drink more, excellent!
2. Fruits + veggies. Do I eat fruits + vegetables every day? No. Do I know that I should? Obviously. The plan is to eat at least one serving of fruit or vegetables daily. Ideally, as substitutes for the less healthy, carb-loaded, salty, and sweet snacks.
3. No distracted eating. I want to be sure that all meals + snacks are not eaten while watching TV or browsing online.
4. No eating after 9:00pm. This always makes such a difference in the way my body looks + feels when I wake up in the morning…even after one day.
5. Shoot to get 8 hours of sleep per night. Lately, I’ve been staying up way too late. Working, thinking, just wasting time. This week, I am going to make a conscious effort to get to bed a little earlier [maybe at 9:00pm …when I can no longer snack]! 😉
And that is it! These are definitely manageable changes, and honestly, things we should already be doing .
If you want to give it a try + participate with me, I made a little checklist for the week that you can print out + use to keep track!
I’m ready to roll, because next Thursday…we feast!