Like most people, I have a Netflix addiction. I’m also guilty of enjoying a good Hallmark movie. I ALSO love everything Christmas. And I also cannot stand spending more time searching for a movie to watch than actually watching one. So what happens when you combine all of those things? You get this post! 😉
I don’t know what it is about cheesy holiday movies, but I just love them! The plot lines are usually pretty similar. Small town girl has a big time job in a fancy city, she returns home for the holidays (her hometown is abnormally adorable…resembles life inside of a snow globe), meets a sweet small town boy, they fall in love, then something bad happens just before everything works itself out perfectly. Am I right?
Well, for all of the other ladies (and maybe some gentlemen) who enjoy these adorable movies too, I rounded up cheesiest Hallmark-inspired holiday movies that you can binge watch on Netflix right now!
(I pulled quick descriptions from imbd to make it easy!)
- A Christmas Kiss. After a spontaneous kiss, a struggling designer ends up falling in love with her demanding boss’s boyfriend as she decorates his home for a Christmas party.
- A Christmas Kiss 2. At a Christmastime event, Jenna shares an impromptu, unforgettable kiss with the dashing billionaire, Cooper Montgomery. Unaware of his intentions and fearful of getting hurt in another relationship, Jenna vows to resist his charms, but begins to realize his affection is real as the two spend more time together.
- 12 Dates of Christmas. A story that follows Kate, a young woman who after a horrible blind date on Christmas Eve, wakes up to find she is re-living that same day and date all over again.
- Christmas Belle. With her California hometown in the rear-view mirror, Belle heads north on business to facilitate the estate sale of a mansion. While the job is a dream, the client, Hunter Lowell, is not. But, as the two spend more time together, his icy demeanor begins to melt. Although their relationship is budding, Belle’s long-time suitor, Tony, arrives, sending mixed signals to Hunter while adding chaos to the holiday season.
- A Christmas Prince. When a reporter goes undercover as a tutor to get the inside scoop on a playboy prince, she gets tangled in some royal intrigue and ends up finding love – but will she be able to keep up her lie? This one’s a Netflix Original and cute to boot. Pretty sure adding a real Prince to any storyline makes it 10X better.
- Christmas in the City. With the threat of having to close her father’s candy store, Wendy and her six-year-old daughter Grace travel to the big city in hopes of making extra holiday cash to save their family store. When she’s offered a job in the toy department of Wolman’s, the city’s biggest department store, Wendy can’t wait! Her excitement doesn’t last long when the store’s new corporate fixer, Teanna, progressively destroys the Christmas spirit throughout the store. With her daughter losing faith in the holiday, Wendy realizes the true meaning of Christmas needs to return to Wolman’s before it is too late.
- The Spirit of Christmas. Kate, a workaholic lawyer, has three weeks to get a haunted bed and breakfast appraised and sold. The uncooperative manager claims a spirit who lives there will not approve. With Kate’s possible promotion resting on accomplishing this task, she checks in and haggles with the aforesaid Christmas spirit, who suspiciously seems awfully solid for a ghost.
- My Santa. Single mom Jen Robbins, who is a writer of human interest stories for the newspaper in the small town where she has lived all her life, lost the Christmas spirit ever since her ex-husband Paul walked out on her six years ago on Christmas Eve, when their son Eric was only one year old. Jen, however, wants to make a happy life for Eric, who still believes in Santa Claus and in the magic and spirit of Christmas.
- How Sarah Got Her Wings. Good Samaritan Sarah Fitzpatrick has a fatal accident just before Christmas, and finds herself in the lobby before the gates of Heaven. Certain that she will be let in, she is shocked to find that her name is not on the reservation list. However, she is granted the chance to return to Earth as an “angel in training” with the requirement to help a soul in need. Sarah has the 12 days before Christmas to secure her place on the list leaving her in the race for her after-life.
- Naughty & Nice. A cynical radio host is banished to Colorado, where he has an on-air spat with a hopeless romantic. Soon, their antagonistic relationship sparks the interest of the whole town.
- Back to Christmas. Magically transported to the Christmas before her canceled wedding, a woman gets a second chance at happiness with her former fiance.
- Merry Kissmas. A woman engaged to marry a self-centered film and stage director/choreographer falls for a caterer whom she kisses, as does he for her.
- Christmas in the Smokies. Christmas in the Smokies is a modern day Christmas classic set in the beautiful Smoky Mountains. It tells the story of one family’s journey to save their historic berry farm against all odds during one fateful holiday season.
- Smalltown Santa. On the eve of Christmas, Sheriff Rick Langston has lost his holiday spirit. But when he arrests a home intruder claiming to be Santa Claus, his world gets turned upside-down ! With the help of Lucy, the new girl in town, Santa helps show Rick that even when you feel that all is lost, love is all around you.
- Christmas Crush. Twentysomething Georgia pines for her old boyfriend and is thrilled to have a second chance at love when she attends their high school reunion.
- Dear Santa. A young woman who comes from a life of privilege falls for the owner of a soup kitchen after discovering a Dear Santa letter written by his seven year old daughter.
- Christmas Inheritance. Before ambitious heiress Ellen Langford can inherit her father’s gift business, she must deliver a special Christmas card to her dad’s former partner in Snow Falls, the hometown she never knew. When a snowstorm strands her at the town inn, she’s forced to work for her keep, and in the process, finds romance and discovers the true gift of Christmas.
Obviously these are not all actual Hallmark movies, but they’ll give you the very same vibe! I’ve watched quite a few of them, and wanted to finish them all before sharing this list, but that would take a while, so figured I’d better get it up ASAP. Especially because the weekend is upon us! 😉
Which of these movies have you seen and loved?! Any others that are currently on Netflix that I missed?
Let me know below!