Every once in a while I’ll stumble across a recipe that completely captivates me for one reason or another. It either looks downright delicious, it’s a healthier version of an old favorite, or it seems far too easy to make that I have no excuse to not give it a try! This recipe covered all of the above…
I found this dish on the Delish Facebook page and after successfully whipping it up, receiving rave reviews from my taste-testing family, and some intrigue after sharing on Instagram stories, I figured I’d post the recipe here (I hadn’t initially planned to blog this – so apologies for the darker iPhone photos)!
I love the versatility and disguisability of cauliflower – you can turn it into pretty much anything these days. Of all the cauli-concoctions I’ve tried, this honey garlic combo may be my favorite!
You start by chopping a head of cauliflower into small florets (not as difficult or messy as I anticipated), toss in flour, dip in beaten egg, and then roll them in panko crumbs. Lay them all on a baking sheet, season with salt + pepper and then bake at 400* for 20-25 minutes until golden!
While they’re baking, whip up the honey garlic glaze consisting of cornstarch, water, soy sauce, honey, garlic, lime juice, and sriracha in a sauce pan, when the florets are done, toss them in the glaze, put them back on the baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes! The prep is a little more extensive than it seems, but it’s worth it — plus one head of cauliflower produces so much (you only see one tray below, but there were actually two…leftovers for days)!
I served this spicy cauliflower atop a bed of sautéed spinach, red peppers, onions, and garnished the platter with chopped scallions + crunchy rice noodles! Next time, I’d love to pair it with some kind of chilled slaw, sliced avocado, homemade aioli + serve in soft tortillas! It’d even be great in a salad, or just enjoyed it on it’s own — honestly, the possibilities are endless!
Recipe instructions from Delish:
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite-size florets
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1/4 c. Sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and cauliflower, toss until fully coated. Set up a dredging station: In one bowl, add panko breadcrumbs and in another bowl whisk eggs and add 2 tablespoons water. Dip cauliflower in beaten eggs, then panko until fully coated. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water, until the cornstarch dissolves completely. Set aside. Combine soy sauce, honey, garlic, lime juice and Sriracha in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat and add the cornstarch mixture. Bring to simmer again and cook until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Toss cooked cauliflower in sauce until evenly coated. Return the cauliflower to baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes.
I really enjoy cooking + have a feeling I’m going to be doing a lot more of it in the near future! 🙂 Let me know if you give this recipe a try + share some of your favorites with me below!
So delicious! Loved the sauce and the addition of the crunchy rice noodles. 😋
100% making again! 🙂