I hope all of my East Coast friends stayed warm during yesterdays storm (err if you can even call it that). The weather has been crazy lately, but I have to admit… I am loving these snow days. We’ve been averaging one major storm per week and I’ve been taking advantage!
Being snowed in has helped keep me productive… and allotted some extra time to do a few of my favorite things. If you caught my interview on Crafted By Anamarie’s blog yesterday (she’s the genius behind my really cute logo!) she asked me a bunch of blog-related questions, but also a few personal Q’s! I shared that one of my favorite things to do this time of year is to bake. 🙂
Since snow was in the forecast yesterday, I had planned on working from home. I wanted to film a couple of videos, and use the *very brown* bananas that had been sitting on the kitchen counter to try and make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! Since I didn’t have a bread pan, it kind of turned into a Banana Bread Bundt cake…but it was yummy all the same.
I followed the instructions for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from AllRecipes.com and it came out pretty delish! The only alteration I made was using 1 cup of all purpose flower and 1 cup of whole wheat flower since I didn’t have enough white flower on hand. Seriously, who runs out of regular flower?! #ME
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan, preferably glass.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Stir bananas, milk, and cinnamon in another bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a third bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir banana mixture into butter mixture. Stir in dry mixture until blended. Fold in chocolate chips until just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
I really enjoy baking …probably more than I enjoy eating! It’s fun to whip up new treats and try different recipes, but I honestly find it relaxing and therapeutic. You guys know I’ve been in a weird funk the past couple of months and I just posted a video on YouTube (that’s a little different for my channel) sharing a few of the things that I like to do when I’m feeling down or in an off mood. And wouldn’t you know…baking is one of them! 😉 If you want to hear a few of the other ways I pick myself up when I’m a little low, you can watch the video below.
PS: I filmed this video during LAST weeks snowstorm, not yesterdays (but I told you my snow days have been super productive LOL) 😉 –>
Any who, thank you so much for stopping by! Let me know if you’ve whipped up a loaf of Banana Bread before and if you have any secrets for making it extra yum. This one came out pretty great for my first try, but I have a feeling I’ll be giving it another go in the future!
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week, don’t forget that my Profusion Mixed Metals Peach Palette giveaway is still open for a few days — click here if you haven’t entered yet. I’m going to be sending 3 different winners a palette so those odds are prettyyyy darn good; don’t miss out! 🙂