Tutorial timeeeee! 🙂
The half-up topknot is one of my favorite hairstyles to wear – especially because it works great with 1-2 day old hair! You can find tutorials for this look anywhere + everywhere, but since I have such fine/thin hair, I like to create mine a little differently. I figured this would be an easy how-to to film, so anyone who’s still trying to nail the little bun on the head look 😉 …take a peek! –>
For those who can’t peep the video at the moment, I screen shot a quick pictorial for ya! –>
1. For hair that’s a couple of days old, spray with a dry shampoo.
2. I then apply a texture spray to give the hair a “body re-boost”.
3. Shake it all out really well! 4. Apply your favorite heat protectant!
5. Then I bust out my 3-barrel waver! Scary looking thing…
6. Get to crimpin’!
7. Time for the fun part! Using my nails I gather a section of hair for my topknot. I lightly tease it, and then wrap it until it forms a bun. Secure with a baby elastic! 8. Aaaand time for a little more teasing! My hair needs as much OOMPH 😉 as it can get!
9. You’re doneeeee! 🙂
I love this look so much — I thinks it’s a really fun + youthful style!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post/video!
…Until next timeee. 🙂
Have you ever worn your hair in a half-up topknot before? How do you create yours!?